Most current build G900VVRU1B0C4? Lollipop.
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ugh, I'm dreading the fact I clicked install without reading the forums first, but now I'm confused which build is everyone having an issue with?  I'm not sure which build everyone is having an issue with in regards to overheating and battery life.  I came across one user who said it was G900VVRU1BOA8, but my OTA today is G900VVRU1B0C4.

I just installed it, so I can't report my finding yet, but I was rally surprised when in another thread here a Verizon rep told a user it "normally takes 5 days to settle"?  What?  I've never heard that before and I've been working in Tech Support for 15+ years, and I've never heard anyone tell me a patch/upgrade takes time to 'settle'.  What does that even mean? 

0 Likes
Re: Most current build G900VVRU1B0C4? Lollipop.
anywhodee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having nothing but issues with the version as well.  As a matter of fact since the initial push of Lollipop on S5.  My phone is slower, battery is draining really fast, i have even factory reset my phone.  Not to mention when i am on a phone call, my phone does some crazy stuff. Starts flipping thru screens and settings are getting changed before i even know what happened.  Can someone please HELP!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
anywhodee

I want to get your phone working the best way possible! Have you done any troubleshooting with it so far? Clearing the cache partition and a hard reset does seem to make a huge difference with how well lollipop works with the phone.

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

It was reported 4 days ago that Verizon was pushing out a minor update for the galaxy S5.  Has anyone received this update yet?

anywhodee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into the store and they had a new phone sent to me. Apparently some of the S5's have a chip that is bad and this creates a big problem when the update hits.  It got so bad that the when i was on wifi, nothing worked online.  I had to go to 4g. They diagnosed and i got a new phone.  So far so good.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@anywhodee

Thanks for keeping us updated!  I'm glad the replacement is working out better for you.  Please let us know should you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CanYouTextMeNow
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's the status and timeline for releasing 5.1?  I'm assuming that version, which Google released months ago will fix most of the Lolliflop issues. 

Sure wish Samsung and Verizon didn't have to install their bloatware since it just delays the release significantly from getting into the hands of waiting users especially when they are dealing with significant issues that are supposedly fixed in the newer version.  If I actually wanted one of the bloatware apps, I believe there is this thing called the Play Store where you can download that and more.

0 Likes