Most recent update for S8 plus
cgonder

With the most recent update, I've lost the ability to set up specific text message ringtones for individual contacts.  How/where can I do that now on my S8 plus?

0 Likes
Re: Most recent update for S8 plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a fan of setting specific text alert notifications for my husband mother and daughter. 

We verified that this is working as designed with the newest software update. We can no longer set custom notification sounds in Contacts. If you are using Verizon Message+ or the Samsung Messages application, there will be an option to set notification sounds by contact. 
I hope you find this information as a helpful workaround.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Most recent update for S8 plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cgonder,

Making sure you can set your phone up the way you need it is crucial. Having customer tones is a great way to know quickly who is messaging you. Where were you setting this up before? What options do you have there now? What messaging app are you using?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes