Re: Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I aopreciate the effort!  I have not tried the factory reset yet...  For me that is a last resort.  I usually spend days setting up the phone to my liking.  If I KNEW or even had a good feeling it would fix the issue I would do it.  Based on others results, I'm waiting. Abean, is the wifi issue resolved after the reset?  I know you said the charger issue was not resolved, but for me, the wifi/blue tooth strength is my biggest issue.  I'll work around the charger until there is after resolution.  

If anyone has had positive results from a reset I would like to know about it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate the efforts of those trying to help at Verizon.  I have not tried the factory reset yet...  For me that is a last resort.  I usually spend days setting up the phone to my liking.  If I KNEW or even had a good feeling it would fix the issue I would do it.  Based on others results, I'm waiting. Abean, is the wifi issue resolved after the reset?  I know you said the charger issue was not resolved, but for me, the wifi/blue tooth strength is my biggest issue.  I'll work around the charger until there is a resolution. 

If anyone has had positive results from a reset I would like to know about it.

0 Likes
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I re read my earlier post.  I had a typo.   My son's S3 showed 72mbps and very strong, while my s4 (post 4.3 update) showed 1 mbps and weak right next to each other approx 25 feet from the router.   The s4 works fine within 3 feet of the router but what good is that?  It USED to be awesome and had GREAT range until the update....  Now it is sketchy after about 8 feet away....  Car connectivity to blue tooth is also poor....which never was the case before...  Is there ANY way to go back to the previous software?  I've never seen this done...but I have to ask....

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi abean,

Let's get your phones to an optimal working condition again! My son has this phone model and he experienced same post software update issues. We resolved all by doing a hard reset http://vz.to/1b59FYH give it a try and test.

Thank you!

ChristinaB_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having wifi issues with your device can be frustrating C5Vette. I can understand the concern for having this feature work. I can also understand performing the Hard Reset it a last resort but may fix the issue depending on any other issues that may be occuring with that device, area, and software on that phone. We still recommend this step and we also recommend one on one trouble-shooting with you over the phone. We may try to replace the phone depending on the warranty or we may file a ticket for the issue. Have you contacted us by phone yet. Do you know if a ticket was filed for your issue. What area are you in? Please let us know how your phone is working after the hard reset.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did call Verizon by phone.  The rep made an appointment to call me back at 6:30 my time and 4:30 her time.  Unfortunately she never called back despite my waiting patiently by the phone.  I know I'm within the warranty period, but I know there is no hardware issue and I bought it new so I really don't want a CLNR phone.  I just want a patch to fix the problem.  I'll try a hard reset since many of you keep insisting that it might help, but if it doesn't work it is only going to add to my frustration level.  I will report back what happens.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

As stated, I've done a hard reset to no avail.    

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

We both have a 16gb.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Tony,

I've done a factory reset to no avail. I haven't yet used the phone long enough to determine if all the other issues are occurring; however at the least I do know that 4 different car chargers do not work, meaning that there is still something obviously wrong here.

At this time I am awaiting factory refurbs to be sent. I should have them Monday.

Does anyone know how it would work If I sold this phone? It ships to me already configured for my account right? I'm trying to determine If I can sell the S4 and use that $$ to buy a Nexus 5 instead.

0 Likes
dkreiner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my micro sd card out of my phone plugged into my computer and I saw that everything is still on it. Then I copied everything to back it up just in case. After that I put it back in my phone, restarted my phone, and everything started working again and my phone recognized my sd card. I never had any problems with chargers so I don't know how to help you with that except to say that's still a software problem to some degree.

Sent from my totally awesome Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone.

0 Likes