Re: Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the hard reset.  Just as I suspected. ....no change. Now I have days of work to put it back the way it was and STILL no usable wifi....

PLEASE GET A PATCH OUT TO US ASAP!!!!!!!  I'm real tempted to go back to my S3.  This is a major bummer.  I'll wait it out a couple of weeks. ... but it feels like an eternity already...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi csteph,

Let's get to the bottom of this, your efforts are greatly appreciated! Since completing the update, have you performed a hard reset:http://vz.to/176v3fz ?  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rayny2e4034,

Music in your car is important! Have you tried to unpair the device from the car>delete the pairings from both car and device> then setup a new pairing? If this does not work then I would recommend a Hard Reset  of the device to repair the bluetooth on the phone. Sometimes after a large update, depending on applications on a device, the device does not restore properly http://vz.to/17xoyFv.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

0 Likes
PAsister

hisrob,

I had the same issue with the Samsung music app auto starting, I just kept diligently closing it and it finally went away. But, now my WiFi will not recognize and cinnect to my home network, says "not in range" when I am right on top of the router! Good Luck with your music app auto starting on the lock screen issue.

0 Likes
Rayny2e4034
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Pamela, I Tried the un-pairing and re-pairing Yesterday to no avail. It is very Obvious to me and ALL the people on this Forum that the New Update caused a LOT of serious issues that were NEVER present before this Update. I Realize your intentions are well meant,but this is most Probably beyond your scope of Capabilities. There is NO WAY I'm doing a hard reset to my phone! With all due respect,THAT has been recommended to almost everyone on this Forum and it has accomplished nothing but people losing everything they had. Surely you and the other Verizon Tech People must Realize...The phones were ALL Perfect just before this update... and ALL Screwed UP right after this update! If it quacks like a duck... and it Looks like a duck... well..You Know the Rest!!  Samsung needs to get off their Butts and Patch this shoddy update ASAP.  Oh..and as for Verizon mailing out RE-Furbished phones for THIS concern really makes me wonder.. WHAT are you people Thinking????? Not YOU Pamela..Verizon..for just offering refurbished Phones because of a defective Software issue. If you really WANT to help us..Try to find out HOW we can revert BACK to the old Version of Software we had! I Doubt that can be done,so until Samsung figures this out,Verizon has a ton of unhappy customers ready to Jump Ship! Sorry, I Just Tell it like it is.. Smiley Sad 

C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found a totally new problem after the hard reset.  Now one of my shortcuts on the lock screen is whacky.   When all emails have been viewed the lock screen email shortcut shows -1 unread emails....yep you saw that right a negative unread email.  When I have only one unread email it is blank.  When they are all read....it's a negative one......on top of poor wifi and blue tooth strength and a Verizon car charger that won't charge my phone...

0 Likes
crwcpa

I have been having the car charger issues since the update. Sometimes if I plug in my car charger and restart the phone, it will begin to accept a charge.  I also have had missed call issues in areas I have never had before. The phone will not ring and I will get a voice mail. Anyone who gets answers or resolutions, please let us all know. I will do the same.

0 Likes
jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can sell any phone with a clean esn. Just removed the sim card and microsd if you have one. I highly doubt Verizon would put in your google account. You probably would have to still do the OTA update on the refurb phone anyway.

Unfortunately, you can't get the Nexus 5 unless you are terminating your Verizon account. Verizon is the only carrier in the USA that you can't use the Nexus 5 on, and this time its not due to the lack of CDMA technology in the phone. Quite laughable to say the least that Verizon refuses to play ball with the Nexus products. They need to add their bloatware to all phones and have control over the testing of software update(oh the irony!).

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Any updates VZW? As stated, a hard reset has not worked successfully.

I will be receiving two refurbs today. I truly do not think my issues will be resolved; however I will be replying later tonight with my status.

Thanks

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Since these phones will be refurbs, make sure you do a factory reset on them before applying the updates. You never can know what just might still be installed on them.