My S4 was updated 05/01/14. It will no longer connect to wifi. I checked. It connects to no wifi.
Blip11
Enthusiast - Level 1

5/01/14

My S4 was updated today. I've tried with NO success to connect via WIFI in three locations. Can the "downdate" be reversed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My S4 was updated 05/01/14. It will no longer connect to wifi. I checked. It connects to no wifi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blip11,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with wi-fi on your device. Obviously we want your device to have a smooth transition when getting updates. There have been no known issues with this since the update was released. Normally in these situation we suggest doing a hard reset on the device so the update can fully integrate with the device. These steps should help http://vz.to/1dJ9CFH  and as long as your information is backed up on either google, backup assistant, or SD card you should have no problem retaining your phone information. Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My S4 was updated 05/01/14. It will no longer connect to wifi. I checked. It connects to no wifi.
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

To many, including myself, SADLY, you are stuck with the KitKat update, there is no roll-back for it. Hope you can get your WiFi to work, thankfully, that hasn't been one of my many issues with that TERRIBLE UPDATE.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blip11,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with wi-fi on your device. Obviously we want your device to have a smooth transition when getting updates. There have been no known issues with this since the update was released. Normally in these situation we suggest doing a hard reset on the device so the update can fully integrate with the device. These steps should help http://vz.to/1dJ9CFH  and as long as your information is backed up on either google, backup assistant, or SD card you should have no problem retaining your phone information. Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Blip11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

(:;-_-;:)

On May 3, 2014 12:37 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

no guarantee the reset work & it seems to be the 1st only thing verizon wireless support offers up to resolve the problem. pay the $10 for total protection & you'll get a tech coach who'll offer real solutions.

0 Likes
Blip11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank You !!

(-_-“;)

0 Likes