My S5 is not recognizing that its plugged into my charger.
alyssa24

I've never had a problem charging before. All of a sudden today in the car when I plugged it into the charger I always use, which is a Samsung usb plug, a message came up about original chargers and there was a red x in the battery it would not charge. When I got home my phone is nearly dead and now it won't connect to my s5 charger that the phone came with. It's not even registering that it's plugged in. Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do??

0 Likes
Re: My S5 is not recognizing that its plugged into my charger.
stef7
Master - Level 2

Possibly a microUSB port problem. I'd contact Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alyssa24  We want to make sure you have a fully functioning phone and charger. Please power off your phone and use the original wall charger. Allow 30 to 45 minutes for the phone to charge while it is powered off.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried a different cable?  I've had a cable plug go bad.

If you don't have another USB3 cable, any microusb cable will do.  It doesn't have to be the "double head" USB3.  A regular "single head" microUSB cable will plug into the large side of the socket on the phone with the rounded side up.

Micro is the one on the right.  Mini is on the left.  Don't try to cram a mini cable into the phone's socket.

mini-micro-usb-connector.gif

B33
Legend

How Long did you have your S5 on the O.E.M. charger.?  Near dead batteries or Dead battery can Take from 5 min. to 20 min. on charge on the charger and show you No results.. then the sensor in cell will kick in and then you'll start seeing the battery actually showing that it's being charged..

For when your charging in your Car it's Best to get a O.E.M Samsung Charger there designed to charge Samsung phones when you get one follow the Directions closely as it may tell you to take the phone off the charger as soon as charging is Done.!  why is that.. so it doesn't over charge the Battery..

Hope that Helps: Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes