My S8 won't send group chat
Jdancer323
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using the Verizon Messages app (aka Message+) since I switched to Verizon and I love it. Since getting my S8 though one of the group chats I created using the create group feature isn't receiving any of the messages I send. Every time it says message failed. I tried messaging another group chat and that worked fine it seems to be only this one not sending. I even tried creating a new chat with those members again and the same thing happened again. Now I have 3 group chats (of the same people) that don't work and I can't figure out how to delete the group either. Never had this problem with my updated S7.

0 Likes
Re: My S8 won't send group chat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm a fan of Message+ too, Jdancer323.  Congratulations on your new S8! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your Group Messages. You should definitely still be able to use it as you did with your previous phone. Can you tell me if you're connected to Mobile Data or WiFi when attempting the Group Chat?

If you open the Messages+ app, please select Menu, (3 lines upper left), then select Settings. From Settings, please select Group Conversations- Use MMS to start group conversations. Once that is set, please attempt that Group Message again.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes