My Samsung Galaxy 5 keeps popping up a message "Unfortunatly VWSAV has stopped working" for several days now. What does this mean ?
juliegf

I am unable to find any information or answers about a message that keeps coming up on the screen, "Unfortunately VWSAV has stopped working". What does it mean ?  My phone seems to be working fine though.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Samsung Galaxy 5 keeps popping up a message "Unfortunatly VWSAV has stopped working" for several days now. What does this mean ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is VZWAVSSERVICE?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy 5 keeps popping up a message "Unfortunatly VWSAV has stopped working" for several days now. What does this mean ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is VZWAVSSERVICE?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bgp254th

Can u make phone calls if not I'll tell what to do

0 Likes
bgp254th

Don't shop at the Verizon store in Hazlet NJ very rude had terrible experience with those people bought new phone Samsung s5 within the 14 days and wanted to charge me 35 dollars for new phone verizon rep said they were ripping me off

0 Likes
juliegf

Ann, thank you very much for the information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bgp254th,

Oh no! Let me assure you this is by no means our method of operation. So please accept my apology for your experience at our location in Hazlet, NJ. As you noted, being rude is unacceptable. Instead, we want our customers raving about how awesome our support in store is. And since this is our ultimate goal, feedback like this goes a long way to correcting actions and creating much better experiences going forward. Once more, I'm truly sorry for your poor interaction with our team but please know you're going to see much better in the future.

Where you able to get the device switched out? Please keep us posted if there are any other questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kakrohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there anything in the loop to get this VZWAVService error fixed?  It started after an auto update for Google+

Bell93

I keep getting this error when I try to get into my camera or my pictures.  I have tried uninstalling Google+ and rebooting my phone but hasn't helped.

0 Likes
FlipKay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this post from Duster14 on another page in this forum (vzw avs service😞

VZWAVSSERVICE is the VeriZon Wireless Address Verification System Service. Banks use the AVS Service to verify your address when you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. An AVS authentication failure can result in a credit card sale being denied, and the sale and associated funds put on hold until the bank is able to verify that the person attempting to make the purchase is in fact the card holder (by matching the address entered to the billing address the bank has on file)..

Here is how I turned mine off... go to settings, applications, application manager. It should be on the "Download" screen when you first get there. Then swipe it over to " All", scroll down to vzwavsservice, click on it, clear cache and force shutdown or turn it off. See if that works. I no longer get that message on my phone after start-up. If it doesn't help you can always swipe over to "Turned Off" under the same application manager screen and turn it back on. Hope this temporary fix helps you out.

But Verizon does need to fix the software issue problem, not just keep telling us to do a factory reset or try uninstall google+ updates.

manjazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't look for any help from the incompetent VZW so called tech "troubleshooters". When I called them all they told me is that its a Samsung issue that would be corrected in the next Samsung software update, so just ignore it.I had the feeling she was telling me something to get off the phone with me, and had no idea what it was.

So I decided to call Samsung and they told me that was wrong and definitely a VZW issue. He even explained to me its related to the ISIS (not the terrorists) app that allows you to use your phone to pay credit and debit charges instead of pulling out your plastic. So I did 2 things:

1) I uninstalled the ISIS app because I'm never going to use a app with the same name as terrorists killing Americans.

2) I turned off VZWAVSSERVICE using instructions provided by  WT8.

Thanks to him!

0 Likes