My internet browser used to work but now opens up completely blank.
GilbertMama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 now for a few months and everything has been ok. Just a few days ago, however, I noticed that whenever I open my Internet browser, it opens completely blank. I have to open a new tab and then that new tab will pull up Google. Any ideas on what's causing this? I've deleted my history and such thinking it might have been getting hung up on some old cache or cookies, but that hasn't fixed it.

0 Likes
Re: My internet browser used to work but now opens up completely blank.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GilbertMama

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your web browser! Let's get you back up and running at 100%. Does this happen on WiFi, VZW Data (4G/3G) or both? When you use your browser, to you close all tabs before closing the program? This could be a blank page from your previous web browswer session. Are you using the pre-installed browser?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GilbertMama
Enthusiast - Level 2

It only seems to happen when I'm using WiFi. I also try to close out my browser when I'm done. I know that if I leave my browser open, when I go back to it, my browser will re-open back to the last thing I searched. Generally, if I close my browser, it will automatically open to my homepage (Google).

The issue arises when it doesn't open to anything. There's no address bar at the top of the page, no web tiles to choose from, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that up GilbertMama! What browser are you using? Have you tried resetting the Wifi connection? Does this happen with other devices?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GilbertMama
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens when I use either the "internet" on the phone (I'm not sure which browser it is but the icon is the picture of the world) and I use Chrome.

As far as WiFi goes, I've done that a few times initially but I never got these issues then. It's like it's sporadic.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying Gilbert. I would recommend force stopping the browser then power down the device remove and reinsert the sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes