My phone connectivity has become terrible.
jrcaldwe15

My s3 has progressively gotten worse at connecting to 4g, 3g, sending pictures and messages, and it has slowed down a lot. I am on the 4.1.2 with the VRBMF1. I thought this update was supposed to help with connectivity, but I have seen the opposite effect. I can hardly hold a call and I am always having to send a message multiple times. I have tried all the old tricks including battery functionality and a complete reset. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks!

Jesse

0 Likes
Re: My phone connectivity has become terrible.
gbhawk

I'm experiencing the same thing, running the same software version. The only way I can even talk on my phone when I'm at home is if I go outside. I've never had that issue, and other people don't have that problem in our house (including my husband, who is also on Verizon but with a different phone). And I have also had problems sending messages. Sorry I can't help, but I'm very interested in hearing what anyone else may have to suggest!

0 Likes
PAKlein
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem and getting damn tired of it. I started my contract last year with a Motorola Droid 4 and was extremely happy until the OS update a couple of months ago. That's when I started missing a ton of calls and dropping calls inside my home.

Went to Verizon store and got told that they thought I had a hardware problem since my wife and I both had the identical phone, but she did not install the software update. She has NO problems. Support swapped the phone out, but that didn't do any good....same problem. Had them come out and check the signal.....they said signal is fine from the street, therefore I should not be having any problems. They also told me at that time that "if you read your contract, we DO NOT GUARANTEE SERVICE INSIDE ANY STRUCTURE..." and their recommendation was for me to PURCHASE a Broadband Signal Booster for $250. My understanding is that this signal booster is essentially a mini 3G cell tower, for inside your home, that connects to the Verizon network via the internet. No additional monthly charges, but cost me yet another $250!!

I passed on that option for the time being

Called in again to say i am STILL having problems, and the tech that took the call was VERY helpful and knowledgeable and walked me through doing a factory reset. That made no difference either.

Finally frustrated to the point of wanting to SMASH my $500 phone due to missed and dropped calls, I called in yet again. I was escalated to tier 2 support. She decided that maybe I had a bad antenna. She also offer to swap me into a different phone altogether..... a Samsung Galaxy SIII..... but I would have to buy the back cover and battery....$50. Just got the phone yesterday, took it to the store and had them swap the service from the Motorola to the Samsung.

I am sad to say the not only do I STILL have the problem, but NOW IT'S EVEN WORSE. I MUST go outside to use the phone. Can't sit ANYWHERE inside the house and dependably receive or sit and talk when I initiate a call. Sometimes takes 20 SECONDS for a call to connect to the network after I hit the call button.

I need answers to my problem. I think if my service is THIS bad, then Verizon should provide me the broadband booster free of charge!

jh11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem.  I have been getting a ton of emails that my phone rings twice and then hangs up on them and doesn't allow them to leave a message; so I never know I even missed a call.  I have checked my settings and I am not rejecting any calls.  This really *****.

0 Likes
sococky
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm the exact opposite.  Running 4.1.2, same baseband and it's flawless.  Gets 4 email accounts on it daily thru push email app.  Runs FB, Words, , NFL mobile, Talkatone and mobile hotspot.  Better than my iPhone 5 hands down.

Only gripe is GPS Navigation but must have wifi on and use Google Maps.

0 Likes
jrcaldwe15

I called Verizon and they are swapping my phone. They told me it sounds like a problem with my antenna, but i never had this trouble before the update and I haven't dropped my phone either. I really hope this new phone resolves my problems. I have a weird feeling that I will end up back in this situation. Fingers are crossed.

0 Likes
PAKlein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Swapping the phone is not going to do any good. The one thing I HAVE been able to pin down is that my problem is with PHONE CALLS ONLY. I get EVERY text message and can surf with NO problems. It is ONLY a phone signal issue! Android botched the software update somehow and screwed up phone reception.

0 Likes