My phone is not charging or turning on at all, what do I do?
PhoneHome2
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of this morning, my S4 hasn't been turning on. I left it charging last night and this morning, even though it was plugged in, with the original charger that came with the phone, it is not doing anything. I took the batter out of the case, left it alone for a few minutes; blew on it;  and then put it back in the casing and still nothing. It will not even show the batter picture while the phone charges. It just won't do anything. I'm worried because I really need my phone for my job and stuff like that. It is very important. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone is not charging or turning on at all, what do I do?
B33
Legend

Do you have another charger you can safely use? if so try it.  IF not and your not to far from a Corporate store you might Drop by there have a Rep get a Charger and hook it up to your Unit see if it starts charging if the phone does not start charging.!  see what the store can do for your situation..

Good Luck. B33

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Do you have another charger you can safely use? if so try it.  IF not and your not to far from a Corporate store you might Drop by there have a Rep get a Charger and hook it up to your Unit see if it starts charging if the phone does not start charging.!  see what the store can do for your situation..

Good Luck. B33

PhoneHome2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used several other chargers. I think there's just something wrong with the battery. Thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Try take out the battery. Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Then put the battery back in.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also make sure before putting the battery back in that it isn't warped or bloated.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

rright, any deformation means the battery is compromised and could represent a burn or fire hazard.

if your phone was keeping a charge up till this point, my thinking is the charger or the cable is bad. try a friends cable and charger.

PhoneHome2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your input! I finally just had to get a new phone in the end as it was listed as "defective" from Verizon.

0 Likes