My phone keeps disconnecting from wifi
A_CEC18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know why my S7edge has been disconnecting itself from my wifi and dropping signal?

Re: My phone keeps disconnecting from wifi
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the wifi router? Is it the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz SSID being broadcast from your router that it won't stay connected to? How far is the router from your phone? Is it better or worse when you are close to the router? How old is the router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This question was asked a long time ago and as far as I know its never been answered

A_CEC18
Enthusiast - Level 1

The router is only a few months old. It's a Belkin fb5??? and I can be right next to the modem and router and lose connection.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Still, rebooting router is always a good diagnostic step, and one many people fail to do.  It is so easy, unplug, wait a few seconds, plug back in. 

Forget the wifi connection on the phone and set it up again is another step to do. 

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried  going to settings/backup and reset and reset network settings?This will clear all your passwords and wifi setting I have heard that this has helped on some phones

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Mine Hooked up on the First Go.!  Luck I Guess.. Guru with phones But I have not Updated to Latest update that came out in Nov. I Guess I just got my Phone a Few Days ago getting Great Battery Life not to much to complain about other than the Finger Prints. B33

0 Likes
ROBMAZ46
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its a Verizon Security & Privacy issue. For some reason your Wi-Fi network gets added to the blocked list. Here is the solution that worked for me.Go to your phones Sec & Priv app then Wi-Fi Security in settings and select Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Check the list  of blocked networks, in my case my home network was on the blocked list, so just select it and deleted it from the blocked list. No restart required and problem solved