My phone restarted and now it wont read my fingerprint, but i dont remember my backup password. What do i do? I dont want to reset my phone.
TanaLewanna

I've tried the device manager and that did nothing. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: My phone restarted and now it wont read my fingerprint, but i dont remember my backup password. What do i do? I dont want to reset my phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gitana, we want to make sure you regain access to your phone. I would not want to do a factory rest on my phone either. Do you have any kind of screen protectors on your phone? You should make sure your screen is clean. If this does not work, please try the following: “Clear the Cache partition”

How to clear the cache on the Galaxy S6

1. Turn off your S6

2. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously.

3. You can release them when you see the Samsung logo with Recovery booting written in
blue at the very top of the screen.

4. You will be brought to the Android System Recovery screen (or a custom recovery if you have one installed – if so, your steps will be slightly different, but basically the same as
described here).

5. Use the volume buttons to scroll down the list to highlight Wipe Cache Partition and use
the Power button to confirm your selection.

You'll see that the cache clear has worked at the bottom of the screen.

7. You'll see a notification at the bottom of the screen in yellow to show that the system
cache has been wiped.

8. If Reboot System Now is not already highlighted, use the volume keys to highlight Reboot

System Now and press the Power button to confirm.

Once you've cleared the cache partition you can simply Reboot System Now.

9. Your Galaxy S6 will reboot with a fresh system cache.Clear cache partition for

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes