My phone updated this morning and now my work email (exchange server) and my Gmail accounts will not synch. Help!
ddecker87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had this experience where after the upgrade your email - exchange or Gmail - won't sych anymore?

0 Likes
Re: My phone updated this morning and now my work email (exchange server) and my Gmail accounts will not synch. Help!
AFRET05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. My phone updated yesterday, and neither my personal e-mail or Gmail accounts will sync. I've missed over 50 messages since yesterday. I tried deleting my e-mail account and then adding it back onto the phone. So far, it seems to be working, but it's only been about 30 minutes. I haven't figured out what to do about Gmail.

Re: My phone updated this morning and now my work email (exchange server) and my Gmail accounts will not synch. Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ddecker87,

We never like to hear you are having issues with your device. Are you able to manually sync to retrieve emails? Have you tried to delete and re-add?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AFRET05,

We would not want you to miss any more important emails. Thank you providing us the steps you have already taken in attempts to get this resolved. I want to make sure that your Gmail email settings are set up correctly. Please ensure that the sync setting is correct and keep us posted.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s6-gmail-help/#synchronizing-your-gmail-account

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ddecker87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I work in telecom.  I know how to set up synch settings.  The problem is or

was that I have always had power saver turned on to save my battery.

Previously this did NOT interfere with synching.  Now it does.  As soon as

I turned that off my emails started synching just fine BUT now my battery

life [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

This upgrade has ruined my phone now.  I have to have a charger handy at

all times.  This is my 3rd Samsung Galaxy phone and I won't buy another one

I am so disgusted with how this upgrade has impacted my phone.

On Apr 9, 2016 7:37 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

joosujin
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing is happening to my S5, too.  And this is the second time that VZW ruins my S5.  When Lollipop came out, it drained the battery life dramatically and took several months to get it resolved.  After an automatic upgrade to Marshmallow, now I am having another BIG issue with Exchange email sync for my corporate emails and schedules, and battery life.  Exchange Active Sync is a default application pre-installed on S5, and many corporate users are using this app to manage emails and schedules.  I am really tired of VZW handling new upgrades.  How many more times do we need to spend time and efforts to fix these glitches whenever new Android versions are forced to upgrade?  If you cannot do this right, at least do not force customers to automatically upgrade new versions. 

0 Likes