My "People" not lighting up
alicatf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my Edge a few days ago, and seem to be one of the lucky recipients of the "auto-rotate doesn't work" versions. I know there is a software patch coming out sometime (when?), but I also have another problem, and wonder if it's related:

I set up three "special" contacts with colors, but the edges of my phone aren't lighting up when I get a call or text from any of them. I took it to a Verizon store (albeit a retail outlet) and no one there could see anything wrong with my settings, and we even tried resetting the phone.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I hate to return my phone, since I've already set a bunch of stuff up, but I'm starting to fear that is my only option.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: My "People" not lighting up
csnj80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed the same issue.  Also I set the news to be viewed on edge, so far twice in 2 weeks I have been able to access the news ticker from the edge portion. It also does not sow news updates as selected.

I also do not understand why the edge clock is only available at night? The whole premise of having the edge was to avoid having to press the home button for time, notifications, etc. to save battery life.

0 Likes
alicatf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, it seems like, for now, the Edge is a pretty expensive gimmick, without a lot of purpose. Just like me to jump on the newest gadget available .  I am hoping there are a bunch of app developers coming up with cool ways to expand on the feature; in the meantime, I kind of wish I'd waited a year or two. And, I'm still waiting to get a replacement that auto-rotates correctly.

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

On the auto rotate issue, I was told by Samsung it was a hardware issue (gyroscope), not software, and my exchanged phone has been working perfectly on auto-rotate for over a month now.

0 Likes
alicatf
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is good news. Thanks for letting me know.  I did request a replacement, and hopefully that will solve both problems.

0 Likes
PatrickN

You can view the clock at any time by sliding your finger up and down the edge's side.  Yoy can determine, in minutes, how long the clock will appear.  Mine also shows the weather and date.  After time appears, you can slide finger up on the edge and your notifications will appear.

0 Likes
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe the edge of the phone only lights up with the designated color when the phone is lying face-down. Is that what you are doing? And you turned that feature "on" in the Edge Settings?

0 Likes
alicatf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes and yes.  I've returned the phone, and should be receiving a replacement tomorrow.  Thanks for your interest.

0 Likes