My samsung GS5 someone times get stuck after the screen locks, randomly, anyone else get this?
delonholmes

I would use the device normally, lock it and go back to use it and the screen just sits there black, i reset back to factory and it still happens. does this happen with anyone else?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My samsung GS5 someone times get stuck after the screen locks, randomly, anyone else get this?
amemmes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine does this also. The two buttons on the bottom light up but the screen stays black. This is my second phone (exchanged the first for doing this during the two week grace period) and it is also doing this. The only way to get the phone back is to pop the battery. It isn't a screen setting. There is a thread about it here also of many others who are having this issue. Any assistance in solving this issue would be great.

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My samsung GS5 someone times get stuck after the screen locks, randomly, anyone else get this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi delonholmes,

I am sorry to hear about this issue! Did you try going into the display settings? Try going into the settings and adjust accordingly.

Ed_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amemmes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine does this also. The two buttons on the bottom light up but the screen stays black. This is my second phone (exchanged the first for doing this during the two week grace period) and it is also doing this. The only way to get the phone back is to pop the battery. It isn't a screen setting. There is a thread about it here also of many others who are having this issue. Any assistance in solving this issue would be great.

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Amemmes,

Let's get your screen back to working! I apologize that you have had this issue with two devices. Does it this happen when in particular application? Place the device in safe mode for a couple of hours and tell me if you experience the issue http://vz.to/1o4BfPC .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
amemmes
Enthusiast - Level 3

No it is very sporadic. It happened the second day I had my new phone and then didn't happen for a week and half and then happened twice in two days. I could put it in safe mode for a few hours but that wouldn't be a great test as i can go days between it happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. How often do you power your device off? This should be done at least once a week. It fixes many minor bugs and issues.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amemmes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will try to make sure to do that in the future and see what happens.

0 Likes