My voice to text keeps saying currently unavailable and to try back later.
scouterpat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung Galazy S9 on verizone wireless and when I use the voice to text option in the messages app (not message +), I keep getting the  message saying currently unavailable and to try back later. 

This happens when I am out and on the road traveling. 

I had never had this problem with my old Samsung galaxy s5. 

0 Likes
Re: My voice to text keeps saying currently unavailable and to try back later.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The voice to text feature can certainly come in handy, scouterpat. Let's take a closer look. You mentioned this happens when you are out on the road. Does it happen when you are at home as well? How long has this been happening? If you use this feature in Message+, does it do the same thing?

Nicole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scouterpat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nicole

Yes this happens when I am at home, if I am out in town, Traveling, etc.

This has been happening basically since I got this new phone..

I have not used the Message+ app so I do not know if this is an issue there or not.

scouterpat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched over to the message+ and I am having the same problem. 

Whether I am at home, outside, in a car, another location.  I keep getting that it is unavailable and should try back later...Like I mentioned before I never had this issue with my Galaxy S5. 

This is VERY frustrating - whatever Verizon/Samsung has done with the service it is not an improvement. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scouterpat

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your phone. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this for you so that we can end that frustration. Upon my research, I have found that you made need to give permission for that feature to work properly. Navigate into settings>>apps>>3 dots in the upper right>>app permissions>>3 dots in the upper right>>show system>>samsung voice input. Samsung Voice input turned on will enable the feature.

Edward_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scouterpat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to settings>>Apps>>the 3 dots in the upper right>>

Here are my options:

Sort by size

Default apps

App Permissions

Show System apps

Special access

Reset app preferences

I then went to App Permissions

here are my App Permissions options:

Body Sensors

Calendar

camera

contacts

microphone

phone

SMS

storage

Additional permissions

There was no second set of three dots to click on to show system

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting that options working for you is a must, scouterpat. We do want to help in any way we can. 

Please tell us which keyboard you are using for your message apps: Google Keyboard, Samsung Keyboard, or one you may have downloaded. 

Also, do you have data enabled on your phone? We ask because if you are trying to use the voice recording that is sent in a text, data is needed since the message is sent as a MMS.

Steven_VZW

0 Likes