NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

My phone said there was the new update and it downloaded it but when I shut down and restarted the phone it said the update failed Has anyone else have this problem.I checked the phone info and it still has the G935VVRS4APH1 Software version. When I try to go to system updates  it says it is up to date.

Re: NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I finally got the phone to update what is supposed to be new on this besides the security update.It said something about new enhancements and features has anyone noticed them?

bearone21
Legend

why did you shut it down??  if needed the system reboots.

sounds like you shut it down before the cycle was complete.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I shut it down because my phone keeps dropping the wifi connection and I had my data off so it did not download the whole update file.When I would try to do anything after that it just seem to drag so I rebooted the phone and it was fine then.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

lesson to be learned, don't do anything with the phone when an update is downloading/installing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the latest software on your phone is definitely important Kathy65793 so I completely understand your concern.

What phone do you have? The S7 or S7 Edge? What software version are you running on the phone http://vz.to/2g8C1w8?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes