NG6 WRECKED my battery life - PLEASE fix this!
hauntedwolfman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since NG6, my battery life on my Galaxy S4 has been ruined.

I got the phone in early summer. It's been an incredible phone until this latest FORCED software update has wrecked it.

My phone went from 86% this afternoon down to 33% in a matter of about 3 hours. That's with the phone sitting idle on my desk. The only thing that even happened to it in that time was I received an email alert.

Battery monitoring apps show that Kernel (Android OS) is using 92.1% of the battery! I've researched this and it seems many have complained about this already - I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. From what I've read, a factory reset hasn't fixed it for most users, and I want to avoid that at all cost. I hate thinking about going through re-downloading / re-configuring all of these apps for nothing!

And the worst part is Verizon has ZERO incentive to fix this. It's obviously their update's fault, but they've got us on the hook for X months/years. Faulty phones work to their advantage; they just want you to buy a new one. At LEAST let us roll back to the previous update!

0 Likes