Need help with Voicemail notification
tforlizzi

My new Galaxy S3 shows a number on my phone icon when a call is missed and it shows a number on my mail icon when I have unread e-mails.  Why doesn't an indicator appear on the voicemail icon when I have a voicemail ??  I have to click the voicemail and get to the main voicemail screen to see if I have any voicemails.

0 Likes
Re: Need help with Voicemail notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tforlizzi,  Let's take a closer look at your alert options!  Are you using the standard voice mail service or Visual Voice Mail?  Do you get a notification at the top at all?  I am eager to work with you to find a solution!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZwsupport

0 Likes
tforlizzi

Hi

I am using the standard voicemail. I get a small notification on the top status bar – very hard to see.

But on the lock screen and home screens I get a notification (small orange number) on my message icon and my e-mail icon when I have unread messages or e-mails. I do not get the same thing on my voicemail icon, which is a tape inside a red box. I must click on that icon and get to the full voicemail home screen to see that it says I have 3 voicemails.

0 Likes
UncleSparky

Close to 9 months and no reply?

I just got an SIII and have the exact same problem:  little tape icon when I have a voicemail, but nothing on the big, red icon on the home screen.  Suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi UncleSparky,

Let's get this figured out! Are you using the standard voicemail feature? If so, an additional notification will not be received. If you are interested in a 3 party messaging application, please visit the Play Store. We are here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
geneandlois

I have the very same problem and it is very frustrating as my husband has the very same phone and his voicemail icon indicates if he has voicemail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this voicemail notification issue geneandlois! I understand that your husband has the same phone; however, this issues might be caused by a third party application installed on your phone. Let's confirm this by running and testing in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/NnpVJG Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes