Need to retrieve images from S4 using MyVerizon.
4laurabell

I am unable to use my Samsung S4, but I can tell that it's still working - even with the screen broken. I am looking to use MyVerizon from my computer to obtain/import the images from the phone. Similar to using text messaging online. Again, I cannot use the phone, but I can plug it into my computer. My computer (windows 8.1 OS) is not recognizing the mobile device via USB. I have already installed drivers onto my computer from Samsung for the S4. Please help me retrieve photos. Unless...this transition will happen automatically when I receive my new phone during the transfer process? Again, I cannot actually use my phone for any actions...just the computer, but the phone is receiving messages, etc...as I can hear the audible notifications. The screen is broken.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to retrieve images from S4 using MyVerizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
4laurabell, I too would be just as frustrated with how everything went with your phone order. I do apologize for the experience. This is definitely not the norm with how things should ever go when working together with us.

Just in case, I see you mentioned that you attempted to recver your photos and other data online via the cloud service. By chance, did you try accessing the VZ cloud through the Desktop App program?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-cloud.html

(Scroll down just a bit past 3/4's of the website to find the link)

This can help download and review all that was backed up, and will allow for easier transfer to your PC or Mac based machine.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
4laurabell,

Transferring your old pictures is definitely a high priority! Did you have the verizon cloud set up on the Galaxy S4 prior to the screen going dark? Do you see any of your pictures when you log into your cloud account online?

http://spr.ly/6582ClcO*

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
4laurabell

Yes, I had everything backed-up in the Verizon cloud services. However, when it came time to transfer - only text and contacts were even available to access. My images were not available to retrieve using the cloud. They were nowhere to be found in MyVerizon - which was super disappointing.  And since I went from Droid to iphone, I wasn't able to transfer anything - still had to rely on my backup backups. Thank God for Gmail.

Even more disappointing was the fact that I was without a phone for an entire week since the Verizon rep screwed up my order, charged me for overnight shipping - but didn't send the pckage overnight. Then Verizon had a policy to not adjust the order after the fact - so we all simply waited days and days for FedEx to send the new iphone, when Verizon could've easily re-done the order and shipped a separate one overnight once made aware of the Verizon-born issue (the later arriving phone could've been sent back unopened). This caused significant business issues and unnecessary risk. To cause even more distress, I was not informed that someone needed to actually sign for the FedEx shipment, so instead of receiving my phone at 8pm last Wednesday night, I received a sticky note from FedEx explaining that someone needed to sign for it. Very distressing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
4laurabell, I too would be just as frustrated with how everything went with your phone order. I do apologize for the experience. This is definitely not the norm with how things should ever go when working together with us.

Just in case, I see you mentioned that you attempted to recver your photos and other data online via the cloud service. By chance, did you try accessing the VZ cloud through the Desktop App program?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-cloud.html

(Scroll down just a bit past 3/4's of the website to find the link)

This can help download and review all that was backed up, and will allow for easier transfer to your PC or Mac based machine.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes