New Icon on Navigation Bar?
FrankBoston
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help!  A new icon has appeared on the bottom right of my screen, on the edge of the nav bar.  I think it has something to do with Verizon's Digital Secure, but I'm not having any luck using it or eliminating it.  This just appeared a few days ago.  There was a notification, but I was in the middle of things, and dismissed it too quickly.  🙄  Can anyone help? 

My phone is a Verizon Galaxy S10e, fully updated.  I use a third-party launcher (irrelevant, I think).  

The icon looks like a human stick figure.  See included screenshot below.  

Thanks!  

Frank

Help Identify Icon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Icon on Navigation Bar?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrankBoston, thank you for the helpful screenshot. We know that new icons can certainly be concerning. The good news is, this icon indicates that one of the accessibility features is turned on. To turn this off and remove the icon, please go to Settings>Accessibility>Advanced settings>Accessibility button then unselect whichever option shows a Checkmark next to it.

-Loren

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
FrankBoston
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply!  As it turns out, this was ALMOST the correct procedure.  The directions you provided allowed me only to have this button on the nav bar or floating above everything.  These were the only options (it was a radio button, not a check box).  But this led me to the correct procedure: Settings>Accessibility>Installed Apps>Digital Secure> and then I turned off the Digital Secure shortcut slider.  So, you got me there, but I'm providing my fix in case anyone else is looking here later.  Thank you!  

Frank

Screenshot_20220410-112314_Accessibility.jpg

0 Likes