New Oreo update messed with settings, any news on patch?
marsty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there going to be a patch for this new Oreo update? I really dislike how it has changed everything on my phone. Ringtones and notifications can't be changed to how I want them!

Re: New Oreo update messed with settings, any news on patch?
bearone21
Legend

it changes things & you need to check each one....patch won't revert to old look!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to personalize your cell phone notifications is important, marsty. Getting a new software update should help improve the device functions. If you go into one of your contacts and select Edit, are you able to update the ringtone from this area? 

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marsty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Zedge. I have downloaded custom rings and notifications to my phone. When I go to my contacts it shows that there are the correct rings and notifications that I have set for each of my contacts, but it does not play them, it ring tones that came with the phone. I now how an annoying notification ding everytime I receive a call, it will not turn off even when I uncheck it. I truly dislike this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I personally understand the importance of having the ability to customize your phone. I'm curious what happens when you use an alternate ringtone download app? Are you still having the same issues with custom ringtones? 

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes