New S8 Cant send text
Aphotophilic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just switched from iphone 6 to a S8, I can use data, make calls, and even receive texts, but I cannot send any. I've put my SIM back into my old Iphone and turned off iMessage and shot a normal text to an iphone used and an android user, they both went through on it. Swapped my SIM back to S8 and still couldn't send texts. I've gone through apples iMessage registry and tried to remove my number from it and it said my number wasn't registered on it. So now I'm back to square one, can anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New S8 Cant send text
Aphotophilic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gotten this issue resolved. I went to the local Verizon store and told them my situation. They replaced my old SIM with a new one, and when we rebooted my phone and it got a new update that resolved the issue. Thanks for the feedback, I hope this post can help others out.

View solution in original post

Aphotophilic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I would like to add that this is an unlocked S8 from Amazon. And that I've had the same results from the default messages app and from the messages+ app.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aphotophilic-

I can understand your concern with not been able to send a text message from your new phone. Because it is a non Verizon device, some features may not be compatible with our network. I would suggest contacting Samsung directly for further assistance at 888-987-4357.

Carment_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aphotophilic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gotten this issue resolved. I went to the local Verizon store and told them my situation. They replaced my old SIM with a new one, and when we rebooted my phone and it got a new update that resolved the issue. Thanks for the feedback, I hope this post can help others out.