New phone won't activate
Crimini77

New S21 Ultra came today. First off, a box with three accessories came last week, and a shipping invoice showing those accessories. I went on Verizon website today, it showed my order of four items, the accessories and the phone, was delivered last week. Oh no, not correct. Called the main support number, got someone telling me it showed as delivered. I was about to get heated, when the UPS truck pulled up with my phone. OK, issue resolved. But that's not the real issue.

The tech said hey while we are here, I'll stay on with you and go through activation and setup. Great, thank you! Except, we hung several times at the point of choosing which line it was. No dice. Finally something happened, got past that, phone booted, got to home screen, but puling down the notification bar had the alert -  "Setup Wizard, your phone is activating, do not turn it off" followed by the green throbber line. Stuck there. Several reboots. Stuck. Phone appears to work, but shows that alert. Wait a while and it finally says "phone not activated, contact Verizon." She was stumped. Escalated to level 2. 

Level 2 tech had me reboot about 5 times, with same results. Said she was going to escalate, put me on hold, and while waiting got disconnected. Lovely.

Called main number. Tech had me reboot 5-6 times, same result. Escalated me to level 2. She had me reboot 5-6 times, same result. Said she was escalating to "International Support." That person absolutely assured me she knew the problem, I was now in the right place, and we'd be done soon.

You guessed it; 6-7 reboots later, she was "having trouble on her end" and was bringing in the next level. A man named Randy came on. He was nice, but you could tell he really was high level technician, not a customer service rep. I don't mean that as a slight on him, I just mean you could tell the difference. Of course, 5-6 reboots later, still not working. He started talking about network service logs for the area, and looking at possible service / reception issues, and also had me turn the wi-fi back on to connect that way. No status change. Finally he said he was going to investigate possible network issues, and promised he would call me on my landline in 30 minutes. That was a couple of hours ago.

Can anyone actually help, please?

Thank you.

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New phone won't activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that your new device is activated right away, Crimini77. Your time is the most important thing here, and we'd love to help. We'll be sending a Private Note for further review and assistance.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Crimini77

Unresolved. I've had this phone a week, and it remains "not activated."

0 Likes
Crimini77

Another day, still not activated. No contact from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is essential that we find out why your new device is not activating, Crimini77. We are truly sorry you have not heard from us in this channel. Please look for my Private Note to continue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Crimini77

I responded to your private note but have not heard back. Also still no reply from William Blount. Also still no activated phone. When will this end?

0 Likes
Crimini77

Still no activated phone. William has assured me via email that it has been "escalated all the way to the top." That was on 4/10/21. It must be in that "top" person's inbox, marked low priority, because there is no way they have been working on it this long with no result. Verizon is turning this from a technical problem to a customer service problem. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your concern with the situation, Crimini77. Do you have the device on hand currently?

0 Likes
Crimini77

Yes I do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crimini77, we want to ensure you get the assistance you need. We do offer support through other channels as well:

https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ If you wish to continue with us here, please re-send us a message in the Private Note thread that had been started previously and we will be happy to look further into everything for you.

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes