New phone works but My Verizon still shows my old phone.
aelmo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a renewed S9 from Amazon. Verizon online says the device is compatible with the network. Picked up a new sim card from the verizon store - since the verizon website kept returning an error message when I tried to order online. The guy in the store said the phone isn't compatible. He gave me a SIM card. I came home, activated the SIM card, put it in the S9 and it works fine. However, Verizon online still shows my old S5 as my phone. The new phone seems to work fine for texting and calls and seems to have no problem connecting or using data, but it still shows up on the website as my old phone. When I try to switch devices through the website, the IMEI number gives a green light for compatability, but the SIM card number says it is not compatible with the device. Yet the device seems to be working fine. Please advise? What can I do to fix this? Or should I even worry about it? Thanks. 

Labels (1)
Re: New phone works but My Verizon still shows my old phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Only devices that are in our database will show up correctly in My Verizon. If the phone you are using is working, you're good to go, but you may not see the correct information in your My Verizon. Does this information help to answer your question? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: New phone works but My Verizon still shows my old phone.
bearone21
Legend

was the old phone off when you activated the s9?

replacing the sim card again may help, new sim card shouldn't show old phone.

0 Likes