New to Android, previous iPhone user...H-E-L-P!
khighlen

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 and having been using it one week as of today 7/31/13. I have only had iPhones up until this point. I'm really hoping I just don't know how to use the phone, because I'm considering exchanging it for an iPhone because I'm so frustrated. Someone please help me out!!

First Problem: Pandora in the car.

I drive a 2011 Chevy Cruze. When I had an iPhone, I simply plugged the USB cord in and Pandora streamed through my speakers crystal clear. I can't do this with my S4. After doing some research, I found out you CAN'T with androids. You have to Bluetooth. I couldn't figure this out but found some app to do this with. Excited, turned on Pandora, and it sounds like I'm listening to it through a phone call. Is there a way to listen to Pandora to where it's crystal clear? This is a huge set back for me as I drive through the middle of no where 1 1/2 hours one way to work, so I depend on Pandora.

Second Problem: video messaging.

I can't send ANY videos. I was able to send videos that were around a minute or even longer with my iPhone, people say you can't do this with Android phones (even 6 second videos) because they're HD and have to use a third party app to send them. But then won't the receiving party have to have the app as well? Seems silly.

Third Problem: text messaging.

I have not had any problems with texting until today. So after a week, my texting quit working. Now it automatically fails the message. When I resend it, I get the little circle that continues to spin. It never sends. My mother indicated she was getting some of my messages but not all of them, even though they all have the little circle spinning continuously. I have tried all the recommendations I have found on the support groups and discussion boards and none of them have fixed this. What is going on?

Someone PLEASE help! I really like the S4 over the iPhone, maybe I just don't know how to use it yet? I have a week to decide if I want to exchange it for another phone...

0 Likes
Re: New to Android, previous iPhone user...H-E-L-P!
B33
Legend

Well Lets Start with this:. http://goo.gl/lfLj7    An add Some of this:. http://goo.gl/FSWod   Both of these Links Give some Good Info for your Galaxy the First Link Page has place on it were you can View the Full Manual of your Galaxy which can Really Help Understand it Better).  Give these two Links a Look   Hope this helps b33

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

First I use Pandora in the car for short trips I will use the Bluetooth meathod but when I travel across country or anything longer then an hour I wll plug a AUX cable in to the headset port and into the AUX in for the car and stream it that way, I'm using less battery then using bluetooth and internet at the same time so you can streeam without bluetooth.

YOu can lower the quality of the video in settings and this allows for a longer message but heck SKYPE and you have a LIVE phone call.....But those links from B33 should help with lowering quality of video (I typically just email my videos out)

You using the Stock Text Messageing App? Maybe clear cache and data may help inside that app: Settings | More Tab | Application Management | slide from right to left till all  is sleected and goto Messagng, Force Stop it Clear Data, and Clear Cache and see if that helps....(Note you will lose your message threads on the phone) or you can try another text messaging client from google play, I persoanlly enjoy Handsent SMS

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on upgrading to this amazing phone khighlen! I'm sorry you starting to have some issues. The information provided by B33 and BakerGeckos is awesome. Although we don't support use of your phone in your car, you can always contact your cars manufacture or try using th AuX cable because I use this method and it works great. Videos can be tricky because all phones are not the same. Some have a limit of the video sizce that can be sent but reducing the size can help and also apps will definitely work. No the other party doesnt have to have this app. If they have a different phone, their device may have the ability to accept larger messages or they may have an app that is being used to accept large vidoes/pics.  Lastly, as mentioned by BakerGeckos are you using a 3rd party messaging app? This could affect phones functionality . If you have one, I suggest removing it. Also clearing the cache and browser history periodically is awesome advice. Ensure you delete old and long txt threads you no longer need. Keep us posted

.KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes