New voice mail Dial *86 but there ISN'T new vm!!
Asel_eloc

A couple weeks ago, my Galaxy S5 started showing a notification telling me that I had a new voicemail. I call to check and it said "you have 5 saved messages" instead of saying "you have X new messages, to hear your messages, press 1".
There was no and is no new messages but the dang notification icon won't go away. It always did before if there was a new vm after i listened to the vm.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it is driving me nuts! I never know if I truly have a new voicemail. I have to go through all the garbage just to hear it let know there are not new ones.
Grrr.

Help!!

0 Likes
Re: New voice mail Dial *86 but there ISN'T new vm!!
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

go into

settings>applications>application manager>all (scroll left>voice mail

delete cache, restart your phone and see if it goes away

0 Likes
Copah

Sounds familiar.  I just got a new S5 yesterday, and it tells me I have a VM as well.  I dial *86 to access VM, and it asks for a password - which I haven't yet put in!  So if I ever do get a VM, I still won't be able to access it.  A minor pain in the rear, but one I can do without.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Typically your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number until you change it. If that doesn't work try the last 4 of the ssn, the 4 digit code you made for your account or even 0000.

0 Likes
Copah

Unfortunately, none of those (nor a bunch more!) passwords worked, but thank you very much for your time and trouble, sir.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
TASmall

And put a 1 in front of your last 4 digits of your phone # too.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes