Newest S7 Update
PAICO89

I accepted the update (G930VVRS4BQI1) on my S7 on Nov 28th. Now anytime my headphones are plugged in Google Assistant comes on approximately every 15 seconds and any music or radio station will constantly pause itself. Will there be an update within the next week to fix this or can I undo the update? I listen to music every morning when exercising and walking to school, and this is ruining my routine.

0 Likes
Re: Newest S7 Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Which app are you playing when this happens? I just went thru all the settings on Google to see if there was something about headphones on it and could not find anything. I did however remember that in some of the apps I have that play music or have stations on them that there is a section in them that has headphone options in them. Altho I have to admit it is strange that google assistant would come on. It is kinda strange that this would happen after this last update but I guess if anything is going to go wrong it would be after an update.I always have to check all the settings I have on my phone like play store to download only on wifi because that has change a couple of times after an update and other settings to make sure they did not change. Like Ann154 said once we update we can not go back and just have to live with it. Maybe someone else is having this problem and will come on here to tell us how they fixed it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAICO89, having your phone work properly for you is a must. We are here to help with your phone. Have you tried using other headphones to make sure it is not an issue with the headphones you are using and not the phone?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
craigdneo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has to be the absolute worst update either verizon or samsung has pushed out yet. The phone is practically unusable. Never had any issues until this update. The battery drain is apparent, along with constant delays in starting applications and even getting to the home screen. There is a constant delay between each interaction on the phone. There is something in the background intercepting the navigation and causing constant lockups.  Wifi drops out for no reason. The past 5 days the phone has locked up anywhere 3-4 times per day either when texting or making a call. You would think that the most basic functionality they would at least test to make sure it works. Since we cannot rollback to a different OS, I will be calling verizon for a replacement tomorrow and they can foot the bill. After this last update the phone is pretty much useless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paico89, updates are meant to improve your device, I regret to learn of the difficulties you have experienced with your device after you updated the software on your phone. As I reviewed software release for the Samsung S7, I show the G930VVRS4BQl1 was a software release back in August. There has since been a few updates. Have you checked to see if there is a new software updates to your phone? If you tap on settings<system updates<check for system updates.

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PAICO89

I have checked every day for the past week for a new update and have seen nothing. The headphone problem seems to be mostly in the past, as it only occasionally does it now. However, I agree with @craigdneo above about battery storage. My battery has also shoen a horrendous drop in storage. Just yesterday morning, I had Pandora playing through my speakers for 30 minutes and then googled something. In total less than an hour's worth of activity after letting my phone sit idle. While I started at 100% battery, I ended up not 3 hours later with 55% battery.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I too have noticed the drop in battery. Then when I go into the battery in settings I noticed that it has changed in there. It used to want to put to sleep the last app that I had opened. That is not there now. It seems like the phone idle and standby is taking more % than it use to.Android System  use to be on top.

Not really sure what all happened on that last update but I guess I shouldn't complain since mine is not acting up as bad as yours. Did you clear the cache partition in the recovery mode after you got the last update? Volume up- Power- Home. It is always a good practice to do this after you get an update. 

0 Likes
craigdneo
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you open an app, then click the home button, there is a .25 to almost a .50 second delay before you see the icons on the home screen. You will see just your background picture before the icons show themselves. This behavior is consistent and a constant nuisance since it also occurs when switching between apps.  There is even a delay in the painting of the icons and they appear randomly like it is doing something in the background.

Every app that I try to open, there is a slight pause, this pause also happens when scrolling web pages, whether it is chrome or firefox.

There are constant keyboard lockups, again the phone seems to be doing something in the background causing the delay.

This delay has caused numerous lockups where the screen goes black or the current screen you are on gets frozen. You are unable to restart it even when pushing the power button. If the phone does not lock up, it just restarts when you are in the middle of something.

Seems to me like hardware drivers changed if the phone is restarting. Either way, none of this was happening before this last update.  This update needs to be fixed immediately! I cannot be the only S7 user experiencing this [removed] performance.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

craigdneo-

We want your phone to work flawlessly after a major update. What software version do your currently have? Did you start having all those issues right after your update?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes