Newest update
TracyL3

How come with the newest update that is forced on us my phones battery draines rather quickly? Using or not the battery percentage drops a lot faster than ever #galaxys10+

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Newest update
aredub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Since applying System Update 34 my battery drains dramatically. Before the update my phone used to lose 10 - 20% when unplugged overnight. Two nights ago it lost 100%. I switched to Power Saving mode and last night it lost 60%. The battery declines noticeably even when the phone isn't in use. Nothing other than the update has changed recently. And yes, I've tried rebooting the phone. The battery health check says everything is good.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10e

Software Version: SP1A.210812.016.G970USQU6HULD

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any device, not cause its user to be inconvenienced. I apologize. The Samsung Galaxy S10e is a very dependable and powerful Smartphone.

The battery healthcheck process is a great troubleshooting step too. May I ask if you've checked the charging portal of your phone (e.g., the part that connects your phone to its charger) for looseness or debris cluttered there? Please check your phone's chager for any damage or fraying to the cord. Thanks.-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Having reliable battery life is essential as we depend on our devices now more than ever. Software updates are meant to enhance the experience with the device and not hinder in any way. When you charge the device to 100% how long does it take for it to need a charge again? After the update did you install any new apps by chance? ~Roger

0 Likes
readlistendream1

Since I updated my Galaxy 21+ yesterday, game apps are refusing to download data. I keep getting error messages on several unrelated game apps saying "an internet connection is required for more puzzles", or variations thereof, even though I'm sitting right next to my wifi router and emails, etc. come through just fine.

I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling a couple of apps, restarted phone, no changes. These are apps I've been using for a while with no problem. No luck today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your S21+ to be working properly. Just to double check, is this occurring while you are just connected to Wi-Fi or over cellular data as well? 

-Christine

0 Likes