Next to no signal in 4G LTE area, 3g/1x only if at all. can't hold calls or data.
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

I am visiting for a few weeks in a new area that I haven't been to before with Verizon and for the most part all I have seen is 3G/1x in what the Verizon map says is a 4G LTE area. Only 2 times I have seen 4G LTE but it was very slow and weak. Though this area is not that small of a town and AT&T for the most part works good here. ( The ones I am visiting both have AT&T, guess this is why.)

Is this not a working 4G LTE area yet that will be soon?

I never realized just how bad the 3G radio seems to be in this phone till now, can't hardly make call's. 3G to 1x then nothing, then 3G over and over. Guess I should have have tested in a non 4G LTE area more before coming here or keeping this phone.

I have tried, soft reboot, hard reboot and air plane mode. I may try a factory reset, but I think it looks to be a network issue. Or also a hardware issue. I could be wrong though and any input would be helpful. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Next to no signal in 4G LTE area, 3g/1x only if at all. can't hold calls or data.
anonymouslurker
Contributor - Level 1

you don't say what area you are in. That would help. Calls go over 1X not 3G by the way.

0 Likes
Re: Next to no signal in 4G LTE area, 3g/1x only if at all. can't hold calls or data.
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

Alliance Ohio, most of the state is 4G LTE or at lest that's what there map shows. The address I am staying at is clearly a 4G LTE zone. Yet I can only get 3G in the house on the top floor and not even that will hold as it filps from 3G, 1x then zip. Also it won't hold a signal in my pocket most of the time in the area as the most I have gotten is 3 bar's out of 5 in the town. The DBM sits at 107 at best nothing at all at it's worst.

I know calls go over 1x, but some times it drop's everything= no service.

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

I called Verizon tech support today and they filed a network ticket due to someone else reporting issues in the area as well. They also said I am in a 4G LTE area and shouldn't have any issues getting a 4G signal.

0 Likes
sdtodd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing has been happening in the Longview / Tyler, TX areas where we did have 4G LTE and now it's rarely there.  Not my phone settings that are the problem either because I checked them all and three people in my house are having the same issues all over the area.  I have been thinking something is going on with the signals.

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

It's gotten better, but the this area is alot more spotty than what the online map shows. AT&T seems #1 here due to having more stores here and in the verizon stores them selfs LTE is 50/50.

I haven't herd anything back from Verizon nor did I never get the ticket # via text message. They need to update the map to say this is 3G only were I am staying and 4G extended around the area seeing that even the in store reps say it's 50/50 or maybe you will get it.

0 Likes