No Connectivity to Edge Panel apps
Professor_Ripster

Hi,

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, all current updates applied.

I have my phone set up to use my home Wi-Fi network when detected, data otherwise.

Most everything is seamless and works well.  When I'm home, internet connectivity and all apps work great on wifi, if I'm out and about, or if I turn wifi off for any reason, everything still works great with data.  So far so good.

Except...

S7 Edge has an "Edge Panel" app/feature, in which I've chosen to include several among the available choices, including weather, CNN, Yahoo Sports, and Yahoo Finance.

Every one of these works fine on wifi, but with data, the weather works but the other three do not.  They cannot be refreshed and issue msgs like "No Network" or "No connectivity" or the equivalent.

Note that when this happens I CAN get to the internet and/or use other apps successfully, INCLUDING the exact same sites from which the Edge Panel apps get their info.

Because of this, I don't think it can be due to a sync setting or a "when to use data or not" setting since everything else works and I've looked carefully for a separate or more granular setting within the Edge Panel Settings menu and there is no way to set anything like this, deliberately or otherwise, that would only apply to Edge Panel apps.

I cannot say this last part with 100% confidence, but I'm pretty sure this worked before.  For sure now, though, this has been a solid problem for at least a month, probably longer.

Once again, Edge Panel apps like CNN and Yahoo do not work on data, even while other apps and internet work fine at the same time.  On wifi, everything works fine all the time.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

p.s. someone online suggested this might be "fixed" by NOT using power saver.  I was using power saving options, but when I tried not using it, it did not help this problem at all.

0 Likes
Re: No Connectivity to Edge Panel apps
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

Professor.Ripster, the edge feature is great and we want you to enjoy it. I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with the applications not working while connected to the network data. We appreciate the steps you have taken to try to get this fixed. You mentioned CNN, Yahoo Sports, and Yahoo Finance is not working have you tried any other application to see if that works? Please check the settings on the phone. Go to Settings > Edge Screen > ensure Edge panels is ON > and Edge feeds is ON.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Professor_Ripster

thank you, but those settings are already on...  the problem still occurs....

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LEOBEC14

Nearly 12 months and no update.  I have this same issues and yes the app is on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@LEOBEC14 We know how important it is to have your device working properly. We're here to guide you in the right direction. Please reach out to the manufacture (Samsung) for further assistance/suggestions with the edge panel. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

wi-fi is much faster than the network & when you're on the network, trying to populate weather, CNN, Yahoo Sports, and Yahoo Finance, you don't have enough bandwidth.

0 Likes