No February 2018 security update for S7/S7 Edge?
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

I have been getting used to and seriously growing to appreciate the monthly updates to protect our devices and the other devices and networks that we interact with. This is something that was lacking for a long long time. Sad to see the lack of a security update this month and a return to the old days. Granted February is a short month but I highly doubt Verizon would push out 2 updates in March which means if there is a next security update then we'll be waiting 3+ weeks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No February 2018 security update for S7/S7 Edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, we appreciate you helping our fellow community members.

Kincaed, I do not show that an update was released for the Samsung S7 or S7 Edge in February. The last update for these devices was on January 24, 2018. Once any new updates is available, it will be psuhed out to your phone. You can view all the current updates for all devices here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.

Are you having any issues with your phone? 

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may bundled with a bigger update so it could take longer for Samsung to complete it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, we appreciate you helping our fellow community members.

Kincaed, I do not show that an update was released for the Samsung S7 or S7 Edge in February. The last update for these devices was on January 24, 2018. Once any new updates is available, it will be psuhed out to your phone. You can view all the current updates for all devices here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.

Are you having any issues with your phone? 

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

adambgarrett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having tons of problems with my S7 since February. Outlook is often not letting me input new appointments in my calendar with long delays when it will let me. My texts are sometimes going out twice with days or hours in between the repeat. My apps are sometimes not opening or otherwise malfunctioning. When I went into a Verizon store asking for help, they told me that they couldn't help me there and suggested I buy a new phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adambgarrett,your experience with your device is very important to us, so we are here to help work toward a resolution. Any problems with apps, email and texts are very frustrating with how we heavily rely on those services these days. We apologize the store did not take further action but would like to gather additional details before proceeding. Have you tried removing http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=203640 and re-adding your email account? Do the multiple texts happen with certain contacts? Have you tried updating all the apps on the phone?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes