No Visual Voicemail on Verizon S21 Ultra
SimpleTrigger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra from Samsung. I purchased the Verizon specific model. It came with all the typical Verizon apps on it, but no visual voicemail. It is not in my options in the dialer setting either. I cannot find it on the Add Ons or the Google Play store. Voicemail works fine if I dial *86, but that is so slow and cumbersome. It took me 20 minutes to get to a recent voicemail after navigating through all of the others. 

On my last device the visual voicemail worked fine. 

Labels (1)
Re: No Visual Voicemail on Verizon S21 Ultra
ljrmsom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, except I am using an iPhone 12. My husband and I got the same phones at the same time. His has visual voice mail and mine does not, and we don't understand why the difference. I really would like to have the visual voice mail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, SimpleTrigger. I can help you figure out your Visual Voicemail. Do you see a Voicemail app available. Our Visual voicemail should just be called Voicemail on your new device. You can see how to activate it here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-103564/
Let me know if this works. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljrmsom, we understand the importance of having access to visual voicemail. We want to help in any way possible. Is your iPhone currently up to date with the latest iOS software? Are you having issues with any other apps on your device? Have you been able to check voicemail by dialing *86?

-Joshua

0 Likes
Re: No Visual Voicemail on Verizon S21 256K (unlocked)
tonesbass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to enroll in the free visual voicemail but it says that the phone is ineligible.  It is VERY difficult and time consuming to listen to voicemail while traveling ... please help.  I had this with my moto and miss it very much.

duhbearz44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is this made so difficult?  Seems like this should not be so hard to implement, yet I can't find a way to get Instavoice on my Ultra.  Also, looking under phone app settings there is no option to even select Visual Voicemail.  Do I need to return my phone?  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sending you a Private Message now to get this resolved ASAP.-Sean

dsulli2153
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with verizon tech support for days now, no visual voicemail on galaxy S21, only call in. I think this may be straw that breaks camels back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsulli2153, 

I'm alarmed to hear that you have been having such difficulty with your Visual Voicemail! Please know that our technicians are aware of this issue with the Galaxy S21, and they are working on a correction to be released as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can dial *86 to call your voicemail, and retrieve your messages. How does that sound?  

-Michelle

0 Likes
jumpman1975
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. So frustrating to get a new phone (from note 9 to s21 ultra) and have to deal with this mess. The *86 solution is not the best solution. I had to go through 12 VMs via the *86 and not convenient at all. The best solution is to make the app work as designed and intended.

Customer service and tech support: please advise.