No Wi-Fi calling setting on Galaxy S10?
karno

Verizon has swapped out the sim card (said that it was showing up that I have a Galaxy S9 and not an S10.  The option for Wifi Calling does not even show up.  I know S10 supports wifi calling.  Verizon said for me to call Samsung - they couldn't help.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S10 wifi calling not showing up
karno

My Samsung Galaxy S10 doesn't even show the option for wifi calling.  We have very poor service in our home due to the roof, so this would be a great feature.  I have read where if it's an unlocked phone, it won't be available - but I've also read where if it's an unlocked phone it WILL be available, so not sure who to believe.  My husband has an unlocked phone (different model) and wifi calling works on his, so...

Verizon told me that they have wifi calling turned on on their end.  They also swapped out the sim card (said that it was showing up that I have a Galaxy S9 and not an S10). I had to call to get the phone to work after swapping the sim card and even then they had trouble with the IMEI number showing up differently on their end from what was on the phone. 

Bottom line is,  the option for Wifi Calling does not even show up.  I know S10 supports wifi calling.  Verizon said for me to call Samsung for Samsung to activate or update the software, but Samsung said it was on Verizon's end .  

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 wifi calling not showing up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello karno, thank you for contacting us. We know the importance of being able to use Wi-Fi Calling, and we'd love to help. Just to confirm, you are using a non-Verizon Samsung Galaxy S10? 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Re: No Wi-Fi calling setting on Galaxy S10?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@karno ,

It's great to know that you're interested in using Wi-Fi Calling! As for your phone showing up differently, that wouldn't be from a SIM card - SIM cards are generally only for the phone they came with, as the swapping around that older phones could do isn't recommended today. Both phones could end up locked with the SIM card because a proper activation wasn't done, as one example. 

Your phone shows up as a specific make/model based on what the IMEI shows (found within the About Phone menu among other places). Where was this Galaxy S10 purchased from? 

-Russell

0 Likes