No email notifications by sound or icon since Lollipop upgrade. I still get text notifications. How to fix this?
Shipsbelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Lollipop upgrade my Galaxy S4 no longer shows the mail icon at the top of my screen when a new email arrives nor do I get the notification sound.  This is quite frustrating!  All settings are what they should be but are not working. No problem with text notifications or game notifications!  Any suggestions for solutions?

0 Likes
Re: No email notifications by sound or icon since Lollipop upgrade. I still get text notifications. How to fix this?
Shipsbelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am I the only one with this problem?

0 Likes
Re: No email notifications by sound or icon since Lollipop upgrade. I still get text notifications. How to fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shipsbelle,

That would definitely frustrate me to not get notified of new emails. Let's make sure we solve this. What type of email account is this? What email application are you using?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

The stock email client in Android devices blows.  I haven't used it since Gingerbread.

My preferred options:

-  install the email client that matches the email provider, eg, if you have a Yahoo email address, use the Yahoo app, if you have a Comcast address, use the Xfinity app, and so on.

-  if there's not one specific to the address, use a different email client completely.  The top ones appear to be Typemail, K-9 Mail, CloudMagic, myMail, Aqua Mail and Mail Droid.

I've been using Aqua Mail for years.  The publisher issues regular updates so that it always runs smoothly under all the system updates, and I never had to put my email settings in manually, the app appears to be tuned in on all the correct settings.  And so far I've never missed a message or had a send failure.

0 Likes
Shipsbelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the help!  I took my phone to the Samsung counter at Best Buy where I purchased it and was told that this is a problem with the Lollipop upgrade. He downloaded the AOL app and all is well with the notifications again. He told me that Verizon and Sprint both were having this (and other) problems that should be fixed with a patch or upgrade  this week  .Look for 5.101 in the next couple of days.  I have my fingers crossed!

0 Likes