Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No email notifications
Franndisney

Just got the Galaxy s9 today.  Im not getting any notifications of new emails and also have no badges (the little red number that tells how many notifications i have)  I have all the settings on

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No email notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Franndisney. Sorry you are having problems with the new device. Please follow these steps and I am also giving you the link for the user manual just in case there's any other issue you run across.

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
    Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Tap Email Email icon.
  3. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-left) then tap the Gear icon Gear icon.
  4. From the General section, tap Notifications.
  5. Tap the Notifications switch (upper-right) to turn on Switch on or off Switch off.
  6. When on, tap the switch for any of the following to turn on or off:
    • App icon badges
      Note When on, a small dot appears on the app icon indicating there's a notification you may have missed.
    • TinaN_VZW
    • Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

• If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

setting/lock screen/notifications.....select those you want notifications from....i chose no on most.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Franndisney, getting a new phone is absolutely an exciting time, so I want to make sure that your transition to the S9 is as smooth as possible. Please provide me details on if any other applications are being impacted. Which email application you are using? If you are using the standard email app that came with the phone, here are instructions to do so: http://spr.ly/6580D9HrO

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes