No gmail notifications
FordFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am no longer getting gmail notifications for some reason.  This started two updates ago.  I am currently on update version: G975USQS5FUF1.  I talked to someone at Verizon who had me uninstall the gmail app and also my gmail account and reinstall it.  That worked for about 2 hours, then it doesn't.  It will give me notifications that I have gmail when I open the gmail app and I notice that it hasn't checked the gmail, so it will download the gmail when the app is open.  All of my notifications are set to notify me.  I get notifications from other apps (my security camera, text messaging, voicemail, etc.) just not gmail.

Any help is appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No gmail notifications
FordFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have other apps(my security camera, text messaging, Audacy, Discord that run in the background that give me notifications.  Gmail used to give notifications prior to the updates to the software.  I don't utilize Bixby or other routine features.  I do utilize Do not disturb, but it used to give me the icon at the top of the screen that I received gmail, it just wouldn't give me the audible tone. 

It worked for about 10 hours after I deleted/reinstalled the app and my gmail account, but then reverted back to what it is now. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jell_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 1

have you checked to see if the background app permission is given? I think you may have set limitations on the apps to use data in the background continually to stay synced.

Or... you may have some sort of routine that is preventing notifications. Check Bixby routines, Do not Disturb settings, and other smart assistants or apps that may have these routine features (ex. Alexa)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to know when your GMail comes in on your device. We'd like to see what's going on. Please send us Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
FordFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have other apps(my security camera, text messaging, Audacy, Discord that run in the background that give me notifications.  Gmail used to give notifications prior to the updates to the software.  I don't utilize Bixby or other routine features.  I do utilize Do not disturb, but it used to give me the icon at the top of the screen that I received gmail, it just wouldn't give me the audible tone. 

It worked for about 10 hours after I deleted/reinstalled the app and my gmail account, but then reverted back to what it is now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Working email notifications are important. We want to make sure that you get the help that you need. Since it worked for a bit after uninstalling and then reinstalling, the problem is more than likely coming from another app/software related. Have you installed any new apps right before you noticed the issue? Do you use the native email app or did you download the Gmail app through the app store? -Gina

0 Likes