No native Calendar App in my Galaxy S4
tdlubbock

I recently purchased a used Galaxy S4 everything works great...EXCEPT...

In the native Samsung Calendar app is missing.

I've tried resetting to factory settings, and searching in the Google Play store.

I have found other calendar apps, but I would like to use the native Samsung app.

Please help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No native Calendar App in my Galaxy S4
21stNow
Master - Level 1

tdlubbock wrote:

I see an app called SuperSU...Is that what you are talking about?

Is it possible to un-root this phone to put it back under Verizon support?

Yes, that is the app.  As tikibar1 stated, we can't discuss the possible resolution here.  You can do a Google search for XDA Developers and get help there.  Anything that you do with that information will be at your own risk.

View solution in original post

21stNow
Master - Level 1

I don't want to give the wrong advice here.  Maybe or can jump in to advise you on this.  The calendar is present on my Galaxy S4, but it is from a different carrier.

Edited to add:  I see that you have done a factory reset on your device.  Have you checked the disabled apps list to see if the Calendar app shows there?  This shouldn't be the case after a reset, but this is the only thing that I can think of.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

21stNow wrote:

Edited to add:  I see that you have done a factory reset on your device.  Have you checked the disabled apps list to see if the Calendar app shows there?  This shouldn't be the case after a reset, but this is the only thing that I can think of.

Same here. 

0 Likes
tdlubbock

I just now chatted with a Verizon Support rep, and she indicated that the phone was probably rooted.  I'm thinking that if that's the case, maybe this phone never received the update from S-Planner to Calendar?? 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you've checked for it in the disabled apps list and it isn't there, here's something else to try.  This also shouldn't be the case after a reset, but it won't hurt to check.  Have you gone into the Application Manager to see if the app is there, and maybe just the icon under Apps is missing?  In other words, if you go to Settings > More > Application Manager, scroll over to the All tab, do you see Calendar in the list?  If not, then we're back to square one, I'm afraid.  If you do, then go to Apps > Menu > Show Hidden Applications and uncheck Calendar.

21stNow
Master - Level 1

Is the SuperUser app present in your app tray?  If so, the phone was definitely modified.  If not, I doubt that it was modified, as most modification processes automatically install the SuperUser app (unless something has changed in the last year or so).

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tdlubbock wrote:

I just now chatted with a Verizon Support rep, and she indicated that the phone was probably rooted. 

I thought about that possibility as well, but we can't discuss it due to the forum's Terms of Service.

0 Likes
tdlubbock

0 Likes
tdlubbock

it did not show up in disabled apps, and the Show Hidden Applications is greyed out (none).  Thanks!

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

tdlubbock wrote:

Yes, that is the app.  As tikibar1 stated, we can't discuss the possible resolution here.  You can do a Google search for XDA Developers and get help there.  Anything that you do with that information will be at your own risk.