Re: No sound on calls, works on Bluetooth, speaker and earpiece work fine too
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

Personally if you are within the return period, see if you can get a replacement from Verizon in-store. If not successful see if you can get a replacement over the phone with Verizon. If you are still within a year of purchasing the phone, you can get your phone fixed for free, barring any physical or liquid damage, by Samsung. You have to explain to them your problem and they will get you a return number. They'll provide you with a shipping label and all you have to do then is wait. Usually takes about 10 business days.

0 Likes
BWalczak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the phone for over a year, unfortunately. Went into the Verizon

store and they said to send it in for a warranty claim, but that will cost

me $100.

As I said before it's a good reason to look at other carriers at this

point, we are playing too much with Verizon as it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BWalczak,

We want to make sure we continue this relationship. We need for you to have a working phone. When you did a factory reset on your device did you do an auto restore? If so, we encourage you to reset your device again and chose not to do an auto restore. This will prevent the application causing the issue to come back.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
splashdance

My phone just started doing this yesterday. I can hear the person I call, but they can't hear me. Likewise, if they call me I can hear them but they can't hear me. I've followed along with all the suggestions in this thread, and it still isn't working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi splashdance!

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's look into this! Has your phone been exposed to any physical or ater damage? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BWalczak
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone has a cracked screen but that happened well before this issue

started.

As I stated above, I woke up on morning, I had notification that the

software had been updated, and later that day when I had a call come in it

wasn't working.

It wasn't like it was working, the screen cracked, then it stopped

working. But, that is the reason that in the Verizon store the only

suggestions they gave me was to "send it in for a insurance claim" or in

other words "we don't know why it isn't working so spend $100 and just get

a new phone".

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:28 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
the_darkest1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues on my phone as well. No solution from VZW and my phone is outside of the warranty period and my upgrade doesn't come until July. I might look into switching carriers too now since they pay for ETF.

0 Likes
karenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

BWalczak

I understand! This crack screen might not be the reason why audio is not working. However, it does void the manufacture warranty to be able to replace the phone at no cost. I do see that you are using a Bluetooth that allows you to hear the other person when making/receiving calls. Have we tried powering off the Bluetooth device, also the Bluetooth feature in settings? After this is done make sure voice control is off in Apps> Settings>Mydevice>Voice control.

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
BWalczak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried it, still doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BWalczak,

Thanks for trying that! Can we make sure your applications are up to date? We can do so by opening the "Play Store" on the phone, pressing the menu button and then choosing "My Apps". From there it will show an update is available next to any apps that can be updated.

Were we able to try the factory reset with auto restore turned off? That is to make sure one of your applications isn't causing an issue. That is especially something we'd want to look at with it working for a few minutes after we did a reset but then having stopped working again.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes