Re: No sound on calls, works on Bluetooth, speaker and earpiece work fine too
BWalczak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried the factory reset without restore. The same thing happened,

phone calls worked at first, now they don't again.

On Feb 2, 2015 6:04 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
the_darkest

If you recently enable the "OK Google" Google Now that works from any screen function on your phone try turning it off and see if the problem persists. I've read on other message boards that this might be the source of your problem. I had the same problem on my S4 and I turned it off and it seemed fine for the time I was using. I decided to get a Nexus 6 so I am no longer using the phone though. BWalczak

0 Likes
BWalczak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Darkest, I saw that as well on another forum. Tried it, still no

luck unfortunately.

Thinking I'll try Cyanogenmod and see if that works.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:51 PM, the_darkest <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try toggling the bluetooth OFF when making regular calls.  I was having issues with my S5, and although the phone worked fine with speakerphone, headset, and bluetooth, a regular call was impossible.  Turning bluetooth OFF fixed it for me.  Now I just need to remember to turn it back ON when I get in my car.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ  has  your S5 returned to near normal yet?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll let you  know in a few days.... so far, so good.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I think we will make the shake down cruise, glad to hear your current report.   

0 Likes
BWalczak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried it, still no luck.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

And mine is also back to horrible call quality from my end.  Smiley Sad  I got a call this morning, nothing heard from me but static.  On speakerphone it was better, but still staticy and broken, according to the caller.  For now, I'm letting calls go to voicemail, and calling back on my landline.  UGH.

I'm also seeing a faster battery drain than before.  I could go two days prior to the update. The S5 has been off the charger 3 hours and it's at 80% now.

0 Likes
mcarter024

Hey,

I've just come across the same exact issue. Have you had any luck?

Followed all the advice in this thread but to no avail. I'm also out of warranty, and Verizon pretty much told me there's nothing they can do. Seems like enough people are having the same problem that it is clearly a hardware issue and not user error, which should be covered by Verizon or someone.

They told me I could get a certified pre-owned for $349. Riiiiiight. $349 to fix an issue I didn't cause?

The only thing I have found is that if my headphones are in the jack, the phone works perfectly fine. My contract is up in November, so I guess I'll just have to deal until then and switch to AT&T.

0 Likes