Re: No voicemail notification
AzCoronaDog
Enthusiast - Level 1

BosnMate's answer worked for me. 

I have been writing software for a living for 38 years and I cannot imagine a less intuitive solution!

Thank you BosnMate for posting this (and Google for finding it)!

hindmanm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally worked. Thanks for the tip. Sad thing is we are now in March 2018 and Verizon customer service still unaware of this problem and corresponding fix.

sb89052
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Saved a dreaded call to Verizon (so called support)

FRED_W
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree AZ,

In my case I found out that the reason why I had to change the block status options is that Verizon set me up with a free trial of Visual Voice mail which apparently needs to have this block option turned off to work. When the trial expired I refused it due to it's cost. Then I no longer got notifications.  I can't say Verizon does makes this a deliberate obscure feature deliberately in hopes you buy this extra feature, but it would not put it past them. Then, again, I have never seen any software they do done well, including this website.

JBENCCA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks BosnMate. Per your instructions, I am now getting voicemail notifications on my unlocked phone. As someone else pointed out, you can't turn off both, but turning off the Basic option worked.

It took some poking around to find this solution. Verizon should put this information on their Voicemail FAQ page.

JIMFR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Setting Visual Voice Mail to Blocked state didn't work for me. Upgraded from Version S5 with Visual Voice Mail.  Had to call verizon today, go through over 1.5 hours of level 1 and 2 support who had no idea how to solve it.  I finally told them to change my voice mail from IMS visual voice mail to just plain IMS.    Then I called from another phone and left a new voice mail, even though I had a few unheard voice mails waiting from earlier today.  Solved: VM icon now appears correctly.

I went through the same run-around two years ago on another switch from Verizon phone to a Google 6P unlocked phone.  Why hasn't Verizon posted a FAQ on this or educated the support team?  Unlocked phones have been around for years on Verizon!!! How much did it cost verizon to have reps on the phone with me for 1.5 hours today and an hour or so two years ago for the exact same issue?

0 Likes
rjeffcase

I've been having this same issue for months and level 3 techs couldn't figure it out. Thank you for this thread. The "IMS" solution worked and I now get notifications within a minute of a voice mail being left. 

0 Likes
Bradbern
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow.  Mine has never worked on my S7 Edge & I've had it 20 months now.  I spent 20 minutes on hold ith support as well 20+ minutes with online chat waiting & found this tip while waiting.  Worked great.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Blanche2000

After 2 hours on the phone with Apple and another 1/2 hour with Verizon, we discovered what was causing this issue.  Call forwarding was on!  Once that was cancelled by pressing *73, the saved voicemail messages started rolling in on the voicemail display screen.  Hope this saves someone all the time I spent trying to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
hdserv

TY  MARCUR94. I had the same issue (no voicemail notifications), I followed your suggestion and called Verizon Technical support. I asked to be switched to IMS voicemail which solved my issue. I'm now receiving voicemail notifications on my new unlocked Samsung S10+

0 Likes