Re: No voicemail notification
cdschlea

You are awesome!  This worked!  Thank you so much

0 Likes
scififan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please help! I have read through all 4 page of this thread, and cannot figure out how to turn on my voicemail notifications. I have a Galaxy S9 that I got this summer. Prior to that I was using an S4. Never had any problems with receiving voicemail notifications. The phone is a Verizon branded phone bought through Best Buy.

When I first got the phone, I had Visual Voicemail, but it stopped working shortly thereafter and I read there was some kind of bug or incompatibility, so I contact Verizon to go back to basic voicemail. However, the fellow told me that I would no longer be able to access voicemail via the app if I went to basic voicemail - instead I have to go to contacts and dial the voicemail number. I am fine with that, but I no longer get the little icon that tells me when I have a message waiting. The advice here is for an earlier version of the phone, and the steps do not sync up with what I see on my phone. For instance, someone said to got to settings->notificaitons and turn on voicemail. When I do that, voicemail does not show up in the list of available options!

Please, can anyone help me with a S9?

Thanks for any help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to read that you are not able to turn on the notifications for your Voicemail. In reviewing my resources, I found that you will need to subscribe to Visual Voicemail for the notifications to appear on your device. You can do this by using the Voicemail app on your device and setting up our Basic Visual Voicemail which is completely free. Without the application being set up, notifications will not appear. Here is a link that will help you set up the Voicemail app. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103564/ Let us know if this works. Thanks. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
scififan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sorry, but your answer tells me you did not actually read my message. I had visual voicemail, it failed to work, which seems to be a problem with Samsung devices and Verizon not working well together, so I turned it off. Now I am using regular voicemail, and you are telling me that I need to have Visual voicemail to get notifications? sorry, that answer is unacceptable. Please escalate this to someone that can actually help me.

0 Likes
scififan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, as an update for anyone other customers having this problem, I just called customer service using the advice given by MARCUR94 back in 2017.

Just to update what he said, apparently, there are now two options that the customer service people see, IMS basic visual voicemail, and IMS basic voicemail. I had them reset me to the IMS basic voicemail, and we ran a test and the notification popped up right away for the message the customer service rep left. MARCUR94, you rock!

DELL2

Purchased Galaxy note 10. I could not figure out where the voice mail was. Some sources on the internet suggested Galaxy store for voice mail but I couldn't find anything there. Downloaded Verizon app and tried call Verizon, well spent 30 minutes chatting with a computer that basically said can't help me. Verizon really terrible with support, can't talk to a real person anymore. After wasting about 2 hours with Verizon chats and websites and finding no solution I simply dialed voice mail #86, that triggered Visual voice mail app that automatically pop up from Galayx store. And after the Samsung voice mail app download it worked like a champ. Long story short, login into Galaxy store and dial into your voice mail, that should take you to the Samsung Visual Voicemail app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly apologize for this experience, DELL2. We hope to regain your confidence in our service and support. We are pleased to read that you identified a resolution. Please let us know if we can provide additional assistance.

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
LegCfDev

Thank you, just last week my wife said my mailbox was full, 20 messages were new !  

3 years after your post, the menus are a little different,  but I got to the items you indicated,  and it fixed the problem.  

You do not need to power cycle the phone, its all about the message the network sends, and after changing the network  it now sends the message your phone was looking for.  

0 Likes
JRZD5510

Can you tell me what the new settings are and where located?  I have been on with Verizon for 7 hours between yesterday and today.  I can't get voicemail notifications.  I am going CRAZY!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JRZD5510.  We are sorry to hear that you are not receiving your voicemail notifications. We would be happy to help. What is the make and model of your phone?    CassieG_VZW 

0 Likes