Re: No voicemail notifications.
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, Select 1 for Message Waiting Indicator On/Off is not a valid option. I toggled on and off all of the other options available in the personal settings and it had no effect.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barthman, we're truly sorry to learn these steps did not work for you. Let's start from the top. Are you looking for notification of missed calls? Or voicemail alerts? Which level of voicemail are you currently subscribed to https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-comparison/?

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes to both, I have lost the badge notification on both and all notifications on the voicemail. I have Visual Voicemail 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks, Barthman. What actually happens when you reach Personal Options? What options do you see when following these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-21683/ EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am able to get the main menu without a problem, when I press 4, personal options, I am only given the choice of 2, 3, or 4.

Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also BTW, if I press 1, I am told that is not an available option.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barthman, we are not giving up hope. Have you attempted to Power Up your device in Safe Mode and try to access the Voicemail? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-222977/  Have you attempted to sign up for the free Visual Voicemail and set that up to see if you can get the indicator on your phone that way? 

Can you try steps for us regarding the missed call notification:

-Go to Apps
-Tap Settings
-Tap Notifications
-Scroll through apps until you find your Phone app, tap Phone app
-Tap Missed calls
-Set what kind of notification you want or toggle, so all grey to disable

What is the outcome? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I am sure you will find this interesting. First, I  have Visual Voicemail and the notifications are set correctly, I even cleaned the cache thinking that would help.

So, as recommended I started up in safe mode and viola the badge notifications were there. So I deleted a bunch of apps both new ones and ones I never use. Boot back up in regular mode, nothing - notifications still missing. Even enabled pop up to see if that would work. Went back to safe mode, gone - the badge notifications for the phone and voicemails that were there the first time I used it was gone.

Soooooo, what do you think?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated on your results, Barthman. When restarting your phone in Safe Mode, it does disable all third-party applications. Since the issue didn't occur in Safe Mode, the issue could be with another application or the software. You mentioned, you did delete a bunch of apps. Did you try deleting other third-party apps on your phone? Is the software fully up-to-date?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my software is up to date.

I apologize for not being more clear. The first time I used Safe Mode, the problem was solved.

I Deleted several third party apps, restating several times, this.did not solve the problem.

I restarteded in Safe Mode again, but this time the problem persisted.

I have restarted in Safe Mode several times since and the problem persists still in .