Not able to connect to wifi.
SIEKEL77

I'm not sure when this happened, because I didn't realize my phone wasn't automatically connecting to my home wifi until I got a warning that I had used 90% of my data. As far as I can tell, nothing specific happened to my phone that would have triggered it.

When I try to turn on my wifi in the swipe down menu, it turns a faded green, and when I go to wifi settings, it either won't let me turn on the wifi, or it'll switch to "on" but the on button stays gray.

I've tried restarting, restarting after removing the battery, resetting the router, resetting my settings, and a factory reset, but nothing's changed it. I'm hoping someone can help me - I got this phone refurbished from Verizon just a few months ago.

0 Likes
Re: Not able to connect to wifi.
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

I rely on my WiFi a lot so I understand the urgency behind getting this fixed. We'll do our best and guide you through this process. You've tried quite a few steps now let's take a different approach. Please run a device health check by opening My Verizon Application. In order to run a device health check your My Verizon App has to be up to date. Go to the Google Play Store and tap the 3 lines located in the upper left. Select My apps and games. search for My Verizon and see if an update is available. If it is, then go ahead and update it and if there is not an option to update then you are good to go.

1. From the Home screen, tap the My Verizon app.

2.  Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (located in the upper-left) then tap Devices.

Note If prompted, Sign in to your account.

3. Tap Select to choose the appropriate device.

4. From the Manage tab, tap Run health check.

5. From the Device Health Check page, tap any of the following items then follow instructions to make improvements:

Note Items that can be improved are listed next to an exclamation mark inside a red or yellow circle. In your case you're looking for WiFI issues

Post your findings here.

0 Likes
SIEKEL77

sheritah_vzw

Thanks for responding.

The only section that had a yellow exclamation point was in VZ Support & Protection, and it said "Your phone needs protection. You can get the Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) app to protect your phone from threats. Finish the set up to have peace of mind."

This wouldn't affect my wifi, would it?

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Your efforts are greatly appreciated SIEKEL77 , thanks for the details. Let's dig a little deeper as the Protection App should not effect your wi-fi connectivity.

I will be sending you a Direct Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes