Not charging, gear setup wizard annoyance
MELLIM13

I have a galaxy s6 edge  and a couple of weeks ago my phome quit charging! I had to get a wireless charger and it still had issues amd keepsntelling me it is switching from cable charging to wireless charging and back again. Then, after i take it off the charger (wireless or corded) this stupid Gear VR setup wizard pops up and continues to pop up so many fimes and ao fast that it doesnt even open all the eay. Theres no way i can stop it excepf fo just let it go until the battery runs out. It is seriously annoying. Anyone know what the deal is with it?

0 Likes
Re: Not charging, gear setup wizard annoyance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MelliM13, I know that I would be just as annoyed with a constant re-occurrence like this as well. We are here to help out. If your phone is just charging through the wireless method, (not plugged in at all) does the Gear VR set up wizard still pop up?

If you review the charge port, do you see any signs of damage on it, or foreign object potentially? If you try a different compatible Micro USB cable, does the same occur? This is usually caused by the phone sensing a different Micro USB connection pin method, such as the one used with the Gear VR. This is how the phone recognizes that a headset is connected.

Please keep us posted, as we want to ensure your phone charges like normal. 

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes