Not getting emergency alerts on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
ajrn07

I am not getting emergency alerts on my phone.  There are 4 different lines/phones on our plan.  Mine is the only one not getting alerts.  We currently have an Amber Alert in our area.  Everyone's phones went off but mine.  All of my emergency settings are on.  My zip code is 63367

0 Likes
Re: Not getting emergency alerts on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ajm07,

I'm sorry you didn't get the alert when everyone else did. I can definitely help you with this. There is a setting on your device that allows you to turn on the different types of alerts. Please follow these steps to personalize the alerts:

Settings

Privacy and Emergency

Emergency Alerts

Settings (Top Right)

Alert Types

From there, you can turn on the Amber alerts.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you have the settings set where Verizon Support has just suggested? If you have them all set there have been a lot of complaints on this subject and other then what they just mention and the phone volume being on and not on silent or vibrant there has not been an explanation that has really helped a lot of us that has been having this problem. I have had this problem off and on since I owned this S7 Edge. I have asked this question before and have checked all the other threads on this subject and like I said there really has been no mention on a real fix. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kathy65793, we certainly understand the importance of being able to receive those emergency alerts. I welcome the opportunity to address this further for you. Emergency alerts are not broadcasted by us but by FEMA. They pretty much have an override in place that allows them to access compatible devices on carrier towers and send them out as necessary. There are a few things however that can prevent those alerts from being received. If you're in a voice call, a text message is being sent/received or you're in an active data session on your phone, you will not receive the alerts when broadcasted. They do try to reach as many devices as possible in a targeted area but they aren't always guaranteed. Here's some additional FAQs regarding those alerts: http://vz.to/1FeV63e

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes