Not only does autocorrect not work, but by selecting a suggested word, it replaces entire lines of text, not just the most recent word.
covington8950

I understand there is a patent issue with autocorrect and that is why my Samsung Galaxy SIII won't automatically replace a mispelled word with the closed suggested word, but when I want to use the a suggested word/correction and select it, it replaces everything in my conversation back except for the first 5 characters (maybe 6 characters) and the last word. For instance, I typed out the following sentence just now:

Hahaha. Looking forward to using that fire pit of yours. And it was my pleasure having you guys. Thanks for coning

There is a space after coning. When it didn't replace it with coming, I hit delete to get the cursor back to the word coning, then hit the suggest "coming". My sentence immediately changed to this:

Hahahcomingconing.

And I had to retype the whole damn thing. Happens to me every time.

0 Likes
Re: Not only does autocorrect not work, but by selecting a suggested word, it replaces entire lines of text, not just the most recent word.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes