Not receiving calls since kitkat update
quietperson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since updating to kitkat, 90% or more of my incoming calls do not make my phone ring, vibrate, wake up, or react in any way. I've checked all my settings and have no idea what is causing this (other than the kitkat update, apparently). Occasionally a call gets through, and it's always from a favorite contact, but sometimes even they don't get through. I'm not getting any missed calls notifications, either. The only way I know I've gotten a call is if the caller leaves a voicemail. I've had other minor problems since the update, but this is completely unacceptable. Any suggestions?

Re: Not receiving calls since kitkat update
B33
Legend

Have you Tried a Power reset or Clearing the system Cache, you might try that or you may have to Factory Reset it.. if conditions don't improve.. b33

0 Likes
quietperson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, B33. I've rebooted, but I really don't want to do a factory reset. I'm starting to suspect it won't help anyway based on other people's experiences. I have to believe this is due to the kitkat update, and since so many others are having problems, I'm hoping Verizon will do something to correct it.

B33
Legend

I understand.. you a fix update needs to come out soon!  to suppress these issues

jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've called 3 times with this exact problem - am told it's not a VZW problem, it's Motorola and  basically....too bad.   No fix available thus far.  Isn't it great having a phone that you can't get calls on?  I sure hope my 88 year old grandma who's in the hospital doesn't have an emergency, or my 68 mom who buster her hip yesterday...ya know, since they can't call to let me know.

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did all the things suggested (clear cache, system re-set, etc) and nothing worked - waste of time, don't bother.

greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

I don't understand why Verizon doesn't halt this update of kitkat since every phone that downloads it, gets crippled. Clearly, this update is nothing but a disaster more than an improvement for the phones.

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because VZW will not accept responsibility in any way - they are telling me that it's a Motorola problem and.  Basically saying customers are (removed) out of luck, Freddie Skaf.  

Message edited as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

QuietPerson,

Most of the issues associated with the KitKat update can be resolved with a factory update from the recovery menu, not from the settings menu.  This is not a desirable solution, but if it works...  Chances are that a followup update will not fix your issue if a factory reset will now.  Based on some statistics that someone did on another S4 forum, the KitKat update has been one of the better updates rolled out in a while and has affected fewer phones than many others.  When you get into a forum like this one, the only people that typically come here have issues, so for every one you see here you never see the thousands of phones that are working as intended.  I know that you don't want too, but I would recommend the Factory Reset from the recovery menu.

Jamilynm,

Since this is a forum dedicated specifically to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and you continually mention that you have a Motorola device, you may want to try the forum dedicated to support for your device.  Typically the fixes for one manufacturer don't carry over to other manufacturer's devices.  I'm sorry that you are having issues with your motorola, but I doubt you will receive much help here.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, sorry - I noticed that after I posted.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes