Not receiving calls
Skylily4ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if it's an s5 problem, but I'm not receiving any incoming calls. I can text and call out. The only incoming call I can get is my ex, who is on my plan with me. I'm missing incredibly important phone calls...I tried turning off call forwarding, which didn't do anything.  I don't have time to take my phone in for another two days. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skylily4ever-

I definitely want your phone to be working properly and not miss on any important calls. Has your phone recently updated to a new software or has there been any major change? What happens when other callers dial your number? Does it go straight to Voicemail, do they hear an error message? On your end, do you show as missed calls? Please share more details to better assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Skylily4ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever someone calls me, it apparently goes to voicemail, like my phone is turned off.  I do not get any missed call notifications, or in my missed call list. I only get voicemail notifications later. It's a brand new phone, so I can't think if anything I've downloaded.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the network settings to be sure it is set to LTE/CDMA, and not to Global.  Try removing then re-seating the SIM card and restarting the phone.

You said it's a new phone; is your old phone turned off and battery removed, if possible?  Did you port the number in from anther carrier?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skylily4ever,

Thanks for using our community member forums. We're glad you're with us. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. SuzyQ has made some great suggestions. You'll definitely want to try removing the SIM and battery(if applicable). I would not, however change your setting from Global to CDMA/LTE. This makes no difference for US use, and could possibly cause you trouble down the road if you travel to a different country and forget to change it back.

What we'll need to know next to help is if you ported your phone numbers in from another carrier, or if these are lines you've had with Verizon Wireless for some time and you just got new devices. If you ported the numbers over from another carrier, please make note of whether the voicemail messages are being recorded on your old carrier's voicemail system or on ours. Please check the notification bar of your phones to confirm.

If you did not port your phone numbers in from another carrier, removing the battery and SIM card for about 3 minutes should resolve the issue when you power back up.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
minakebe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem calls going directly to voice mail or not at all with no trace of a missed call.  Sat at a dinner party recently and asked the question all 7 people sitting at the table all verizon users all reported they had been having the same problem.  Wide variety of phones in play all of this points that Verizon has or is causing the problem and not owning it.  This started in past couple of months in this area northern Illinois wondering how widespread.  Techs will always point to something wrong with your phone long before admitting any problems on theri end.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

... I would not, however change your setting from Global to CDMA/LTE. This makes no difference for US use, and could possibly cause you trouble down the road if you travel to a different country and forget to change it back.

EricW_VZW

Hi Eric - I respectfully disagree with your statement that Global vs CDMA/LTE makes no difference.  In my experience (I've used several smartphones since 2011, including Blackberry, Windows, and Android phones) it DOES make a significant difference network connectivity and consistency of phone functions.

When set to Global (inadvertently, after updates, or randomly for some reason) I drop calls, lose internet, and the phone is "glitchy".  Checking settings, I see it has reverted to Global, so I reset it it CDMA/LTE as the preferred network.  Things go back to normal.  And stay that way as long as the setting stays put.  I always recommend using (or at least trying)  that setting if someone has network connection issues, missed or dropped calls frequently, etc. 

Further, the possibility of "trouble down the road" for traveling internationally would really not factor into my quest for better, consistent network service NOW.  When/if I travel out of the country, I would ensure my phone is travel ready, which would include the preferred network switch. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we want you to have minakebe. Calling 7 people & not getting the calls results that you deserve is not acceptable. Can we assume that you have a s5 as well? If so, when did this issue start? Are you able to use other services without issues or is your data service effected as well?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
minakebe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon support you need to read the message again.  What I said was that 7 different people with verizon were experiencing the same problem.  Phone calls going directly to their voice mails or not coming into their phone at all leaving no trace that someone had even called them.  All 7 people reported this same issue as we sat talking over dinner.  Someone tries to call, it either never shows up or goes directly to voice mail never ringing the phone. It is occurring randomly.  One call goes to voice and 2 minutes later another call comes through no problem.  Or some one tells you they tried calling and going back to check there is no missed call.   Now if it was a single person having the problem then yes likely something they are doing but I see this in this thread and other forums as taking place and it is wide spread and often enough to suggest that the problem is with the verizon network.  I live in northern Illinois as do the other people.  Am suggesting and already know that verizon or for that matter any other carrier would admit to issues in their network but this is a network issue.  The people had different types of phones so not a phone issue.  Just would be nice if some honesty on what and how the network is being manipulate or over subscribed in a manner that would cause such problems.

andre_rieder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. Using Samsung S7 in West Michigan. I can make calls and do receive text messages,  but incoming calls go to voice mail after 2 rings. No missed call indication on my phone.